Author Topic: 3 Crosses Gunleather  (Read 784 times)

Offline MikeM.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
3 Crosses Gunleather
« on: March 29, 2020, 09:33:31 AM »
I was wondering if anybody on here knows if 3 Crosses Gunleather is still around? Many years ago when I was a young soldier stationed at White Sands Missile Range, NM I used to go hang out at a guys shop in Las Cruces and watch him make some of the nicest holsters and belts that I had ever seen. His name was Bob Calkins and, now that I am older and getting more into Cowboy guns and such, I wish I had stayed in contact with him. I can't find any information on him on line so I thought I would ask you guys. Bob would be getting up in age by now if he is still living and he was a diabetic so there was already health problems back then (1995ish). Anyway, I used to love listening to his stories and watching him make his masterpieces. I wish i had learned the craft from him instead of just shooting the bull. I also wish that I still had all the pieces that he made for me but,foolishly, I traded or sold them off over the years since then. Do you guys know any information on him ??
"Never run a bluff with a six-gun".....Bat Masterson

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: 3 Crosses Gunleather
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 10:52:53 AM »
I'm not familiar with him. Maybe you could contact the Las Cruces Chamber of Commerce to see if they have anything on him.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 02:42:58 PM »
I did a search and this is the first listing that popped up. Might be your guy, might not but he used to live in Las Cruces.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:32:39 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com