Author Topic: Buying A Pair Of Colt SAA -VS- Italian Replicas?  (Read 18205 times)

Offline Dispatch

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Buying A Pair Of Colt SAA -VS- Italian Replicas?
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2020, 02:18:42 PM »
Actually ... NO.  Nor do or would I expect too.  I've only been doing business with Taylors for around 20 years.  Nothing but exemplary.

I also have some issue with your purported experience with your FFL whom also CANNOT order direct to or from Uberti.

Might I suggest you may have better results by taking up Golf??
I have no idea what you are talking about but my recent experience with Taylor's pretty much craps all over anyone's assessment of them being 'exemplary' as they are on the contrary, regardless of others (like yourself), who may have come through unscathed prior, their (Teresa's), flat out denial and negative attitude is the biggest factor that speaks volumes about them.

With my FFL saying they can ordering them for me, they are listed on Uberti's website as being one of their dealers, how do you know what they can and can't do? you don't even know who they are...

Might I suggest you develop better character by keeping an open mind and not be a sarcastic shill for Taylor's & Company??

Nuff said...

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2020, 02:40:17 PM »
Well the maker of Coffins is partly correct ... where your FFL can order from Uberti USA  Accokeek, Maryland AKA Stoeger Industries

But not Uberti in Brescia as I doubt he has a Import lic. 

"if"   Accokeek ( Stoeger Industries ) has the El Patron in stock you may fair well ...if not!  well you're on a waiting list and plan on 8 months + wait.

I don't presume to know what your dealings with Taylor's  was is or will be...

I'll will tell you this I first dealt with Tammy in the 80's, I bought many and had many transactions I:E Movie Props and some of my own guns..

I'm still of the opinion your chosen FFL ... is in word suspect ....no way , no way would I fill out or pay without first examining the guns .

If you get your money "if"  and if you are fortunate not to loose your FFL fee & BG check $$ ...I would not walk away from that FFL I'd run.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Dispatch

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2020, 06:12:09 PM »
Well the maker of Coffins is partly correct ... where your FFL can order from Uberti USA  Accokeek, Maryland AKA Stoeger Industries

But not Uberti in Brescia as I doubt he has a Import lic. 

"if"   Accokeek ( Stoeger Industries ) has the El Patron in stock you may fair well ...if not!  well you're on a waiting list and plan on 8 months + wait.

I don't presume to know what your dealings with Taylor's  was is or will be...

I'll will tell you this I first dealt with Tammy in the 80's, I bought many and had many transactions I:E Movie Props and some of my own guns..

I'm still of the opinion your chosen FFL ... is in word suspect ....no way , no way would I fill out or pay without first examining the guns .

If you get your money "if"  and if you are fortunate not to loose your FFL fee & BG check $$ ...I would not walk away from that FFL I'd run.

Have absolutely no doubt in your mind... I WILL be getting a full refund from Taylor's as they said they would do so(and I have it confirmed in writing), 'if' for some reason they decided to do differently, I will dispute the charge with my credit card and Taylor's can deal with them, as I have pictures and everything documented as proof.

I may do as I originally wanted to do and bite the bullet (no pun intended), and get a couple of real Colts NIB from a seller that's asking a reasonable price for the set, and actually use them.

On the wait time, I have no idea as that question has not been established yet, if I decide to place another order for a couple of Italian replicas, we'll just see what's what when the time comes.

With my FFL, unlike Taylor's, at least they admitted they made a mistake and in turn made it right (with a positive attitude), your conclusion about my FFL I would warn to anyone thinking about buying through Taylor's & Company, "don't walk away, run!"...

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 04:21:23 AM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2020, 08:06:10 PM »

Well Dispatch.  You have managed run a string of baseless accusations, Mud slinging and incipient whining and complaining about a well respected vendor.  Your tirade is based on a single experience, compounded by YOU accepting merchandise in an upside down manner.  YOUR fault.

Now, the vendor and the FFL have both, by YOUR description, stated they are going to make it right.  Until you have product in hand, that should be the end of it.  You're going to be out a little time and a little frustration which, if you're an adult, you'll get over.  You should "get over it" quietly, on your own time.  Disparaging a Business, an Individual Service Provider or "Others" has no place on a dedicated public forum.

Are you perchance running for public office??  You're beating this expired Equine like a Politician. 

Offline Lucky R. K.

• Purveyor of Fire & Brimstone
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2020, 10:36:15 AM »
I wouldn't get into a canoe with this guy!

Lucky
Greene County Regulators       Life NRA             SCORRS
High Country Cowboys            SASS #79366
Gunpowder Creek Regulators   Dirty RATS #568

The Wind is Your Friend

Offline RUSS123

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2020, 09:40:21 AM »
In reference to the OPs original question, Colt vs Clone. I purchased a Pietta Frontier Stainless from Cimarron about 6 months ago and it is outstanding, fit and finish. It's a 357 mag with a 7.5" barrel. Timing is perfect. Virtually zero end shake, BC gap is between 3 and 4 thousandths. The end of the muzzle is rounded which gives a nice appearance compared to most that are just cut flat.

I'm thinking about having Mike put in a bolt block and perform his tuning magic elsewhere though it doesn't feel it needs it. He's currently working on my 1872 Open top by Uberti for lots of needed corrections and tuning. My open top was also purchased from Cimarron.
Russ

Pietta Frontier 7.5 357mag
Uberti 1872 OT 7.5 38 Sp.
Ruger Blackhawk Hunter 44mag
Ruger Single Six Hunter 7.5 22mag Conv.
Ruger Vaquero New 5.5 357mag

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2020, 07:55:25 PM »
Regarding Taylors, I recently found they had a rear sight I needed and ordered it. Package arrived 2 days later but had a trigger in it. I called them and they realized that my order and someone else's had been switched. The sight arrived 3 days later with a shipping notice to return the trigger. They treated me very nicely and were very professional.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Virginia Gentleman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Here's a McRib for Allah
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2021, 10:35:36 AM »
Regarding Taylors, I recently found they had a rear sight I needed and ordered it. Package arrived 2 days later but had a trigger in it. I called them and they realized that my order and someone else's had been switched. The sight arrived 3 days later with a shipping notice to return the trigger. They treated me very nicely and were very professional.

I know Sue Hawkins and Tammy Loy at Taylors and they are superb owners and treat their customers like gold.

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2021, 11:41:14 AM »
I'm surprised someone hasn't invoked the stock excuse for poor or delayed service these days.  Blame it on COVID.  That would cover everything.  (no smiling face today)

Dave

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2021, 01:31:11 PM »
I'm sure they picked the best carrier for these times. Although their employees have to stop and change horses every ten miles or so, you have to expect slight delays.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline 45 Dragoon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2021, 05:55:03 PM »
Yep, it's a shame you have to do that these days.  If your "Rig" doesn't meet Cali's latest "clean" requirements, you can't go to the docks for them to unload  cargo!!! Thank God these S.OB.'s are looking out for our "well being".  Of course only if you're vaccinated!!!   Gas is $3.25 now in the East, over $6 in the " wokest" state!!! LoL!!! Keep digging  .  .  .  !!!!!

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2021, 06:12:36 AM »
Well Dispatch.  You have managed run a string of baseless accusations, Mud slinging and incipient whining and complaining about a well respected vendor.  Your tirade is based on a single experience, compounded by YOU accepting merchandise in an upside down manner.  YOUR fault.

Now, the vendor and the FFL have both, by YOUR description, stated they are going to make it right.  Until you have product in hand, that should be the end of it.  You're going to be out a little time and a little frustration which, if you're an adult, you'll get over.  You should "get over it" quietly, on your own time.  Disparaging a Business, an Individual Service Provider or "Others" has no place on a dedicated public forum.

Are you perchance running for public office??  You're beating this expired Equine like a Politician.

Something screwy with this whole story (maybe at both ends but certainly at the buyer end) who forks out 1600 bucks for anything over the phone without getting documentation ? --- thats nuts! ----order confirmation, invoice, receipt for your money, with the details of what you paid for ---everybody does that !!! - if you ask for it and dont see it pronto - pick up the phone - soon as ya see it ya check the details. Ya dont leave something like this floating around in cyberspace for months ya just dont...........................   

Offline RoyceP

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2023, 09:32:53 PM »
I realize this is an old thread. Pietta, Colt , Uberti - any of them can have a bad day. Really, truly you should inspect them before buying. While the Colts can be pretty expensive they can also be pretty good. Same goes for Uberti. Never had a Pietta product but I bet they can have good days and bad too.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2023, 03:54:20 AM »
Hmmm interesting thread... I recall the content....

The original poster original question was basically and innocent enough....
 and evolved into a sore point and vendor bashing :

Well, let's see what's happened it in the 3 years since the gent last posted ..

Mr. Dispatch the OP hasn't been active in over 3 years...

Taylor's is still alive and well.... Beretta/Uberti is also. 

Colt has been sold to the Czech-based parent company of CZ.
Pietta bought EMF.

And Vintage Colts will still command high prices.

I hope all turned out well for Mr. Dispatch and he got his guns  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline DrLogik

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2023, 09:00:12 PM »
I'm just getting in to CAS and recently purchased a pair of Evil Roy's directly from Cimarron with sequential serial numbers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com