Author Topic: To Larry & Bob L.  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
To Larry & Bob L.
« on: September 29, 2008, 11:56:30 PM »
Thanks for trying!

Sincerely,
Jeff  "Steel Horse Bailey"
Bvt. Lt.Col. J.C. Bailey

(For those who must know: Gripmaker and his Brother tried their darndest to help me get to the Grand Muster '08, but it just wasn't to be.)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: To Larry & Bob L.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 01:14:42 PM »
Sure wish it would have worked.

Maybe next year.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 06:09:29 PM »
Steel Horse,

I'm sorta in the same boat, but not quite.

I was all primed to go this year, having missed last year, when the boss told me to standby in early October to brief senior Navy leadership.  I spent most of September writing a report for them and it went out today, but still the date to brief had not been set.  I was hoping they'd say mid October or later so I could make some last minute travel arrangements to attend the Grand Muster.  Yesterday morning they called and said to brief on Friday, with a possible follow on briefing to the Secretary of the Navy early next week.

And then today my boss asks me if I still intend to retire next year...and why...

US Scout
Bvt Brig Gen, GAF

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:48:24 PM »

Offline Gripmaker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 10:01:43 PM »
Jeff,  It was a pleasure to try to get you to the Muster. I just wish Bob and I had communicated alot earlier.

US Scout Sir,   I guess that today's military hasn't changed a bit since I was in almost 40 years ago.  It seems that the higher up the ladder a leader goes, the more out of the loop he gets. It should be mandatory for all officers to have first been a junior NCO and then have to serve in that capacity again for at least six months every enlistment.  A true leader knows his men and would gladly give his life for them (after first training a replacement, ideally from the ranks). These men are gladly followed wherever duty takes them and they are successful.

Again, you will be missed but  I am quite confident that Col. Pitsptr can handle the chore placed before him.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 11:45:24 PM »
I will be leaving in the morning for the Muster this weekend. Ihaven't really had my new truck on a road trip but I think it will do okay. I am looking forward to meeting everyone that I have commmunicated on the internet at CASCITY.  I had my last day at the  SO today. This trip is my first one as a retiree. I haven't been to Nebraska in 15 years and look forward to returning. It's a little over 700 miles up there from Texas.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 08:27:50 AM »
US Scout Sir,   I guess that today's military hasn't changed a bit since I was in almost 40 years ago. 

Gripmaker,

Not much!  In fact, in many ways I doubt it's changed all that much from when Washington was in command at Valley Forge.

Usually I have to be on "standby" during July, but this year due to various reasons the date shifted to October, much to our surprise since it is late in the current administration's tenure. 

So, while you all are at the Grand Muster, I'll be in the Pentagon briefing a bunch of admirals and senior Navy officials. 

This work stuff has just got to stop interferring with my fun!

US Scout
Bvt Brig Gen, GAF

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 10:16:19 AM »
I will be leaving in the morning for the Muster this weekend. Ihaven't really had my new truck on a road trip but I think it will do okay. I am looking forward to meeting everyone that I have commmunicated on the internet at CASCITY.  I had my last day at the  SO today. This trip is my first one as a retiree. I haven't been to Nebraska in 15 years and look forward to returning. It's a little over 700 miles up there from Texas.

TL, you drive carefully, ya hear?  This'll be a good way to break-in your new truck.  ('Tho truth be known, the manufacturers don't specify quite the break-in period that they USED to, but it is my most humble opinion that the old style "break-in" techniques will work very well with today's vehicles!  (I say that only as an operator - who has only owned ONE new vehicle in his life - NOT as an automotive pro!)

And congratulations on your retirement!  If you feel like REALLY breaking in your new truck, why don't you drive the 1,000 or so miles ...each way ... and visit us here in central Indiana the NEXT weekend for the 2009 NCOWS Eastern Regional!  You can crash at my house - since it's only about 45 minutes to the range from my hacienda, I can actually afford the gas to go!  You won't even have to drive to the range!
 ;)

Gripmaker,

Not much!  In fact, in many ways I doubt it's changed all that much from when Washington was in command at Valley Forge.

This work stuff has just got to stop interfering with my fun!

US Scout
Bvt Brig Gen, GAF

You sure hit that nail on the head, Gen. Scout, Sir!  That's what I feel about the gas prices and all the other crap er, things going on today!.  They're doing major damage to my fun allotment!

:o  :(

Texas Lawdog, I expect (or request  :D ) that you and the others all have my share and Gen. Scout's share of fun ... and Delmonico's cooking!

;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com