Author Topic: Australia Post lifts ban  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Mad Mucus

• Shooter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Australia Post lifts ban
« on: February 12, 2007, 08:46:44 PM »
G'day,

Thought I'd help spread the word... AusPost are again allowing international mail containing firearms parts and related items... of course B709 permits are still required for customs release.

Announcement posted on AHN Forums >>>------>

Details:

----
Australia Post decision welcomed

The Minister for Communications, Information Technology and the Arts, Senator Helen
Coonan, today welcomed Australia Post’s decision to lift its ban on the carriage of firearms
and firearm parts in international mail.

“I am pleased to see that Australia Post has reconsidered the matter, and that an
appropriate balance has been found,” Senator Coonan said.

Australia Post originally imposed the ban because of concerns that parcels containing
firearms were causing delays in the flow of international mail.
There were also some concerns regarding inconsistent state and territory legislation about
transporting firearms and firearm parts in the mail.

Australia Post has reconsidered its decision following receipt of further legal advice.
“This decision recognises both the needs of legitimate firearms users and the operational
requirements of Australia Post,” Senator Coonan said.

All incoming international mail is routinely screened by the Australian Customs Service
(Customs) and the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service. Customs has strict
regulations in place regarding the types of firearms and firearm parts which may be
imported.

Senator Coonan is now assisting Senator Ellison, Minister for Justice and Customs, to
pursue consistent state and territory firearms legislation through the Ministerial Council
for Police and Emergency Management—Police.

“I am now seeking a longer term solution through uniform legislation that will ensure the
security of mail meets operational requirements for Australia Post,” Senator Coonan said.

For more information about the Australia Post decision visit www.auspost.com.au or visit
www.customs.gov.au for importing regulations.

YEEHARRR!

Mucus  :D
"Outlaw firearms and only the outlaws will have them."

Offline Dakota Dan from OZ

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Australia Post lifts ban
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 09:23:16 PM »

Yes Mucus,it's good news.

Dakota  8)
My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com