Author Topic: Army 45s  (Read 9181 times)

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Army 45s
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2015, 08:22:42 AM »
I saw a Colt M1917 Revolver on my honeymoon. My wonderful wife said I could get it if I really wanted it (believe me, I did) but it would've taken up too much money that would be better spent on the experience. Can't say I regret not getting it, but I'd be lying if I said I don't get sad when I think about it. Love those Colt double actions!
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2015, 08:53:35 AM »
Jake, don't feel bad, my obsession started with an old SAA 44-40 5 1/2" that I never did own. I can remember spending a day at the Smithfield Sportsman's Club (I think it was there) for a field day where the members would bring out their pride and joys and for a fee you could shoot a few shots. Put most of my meager paycheck downrange that day. Also fell in love with the 45 Colt, 45-70 and 44 WCF as well. ROTC cemented my love of the 30-06 and the 45 ACP. 40 + years later I only regret the ones I've let go of to get others, don't regret getting the others, just the ones that aren't here anymore. The ones that got away, well they're still out there somewhere, maybe someday we'll cross paths again, at least I hope so.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2015, 09:12:52 AM »
" only regret the ones I've let go of to get others, don't regret getting the others, just the ones that aren't here anymore."

Ditto .... :-[

when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 02:19:57 PM »

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2015, 10:07:04 AM »
Remember this -

They never made one of anything.

If you're supposed to have it and missed out on getting 'this' one - there'll be another -it'll be in better shape - and at a more favorable price.

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2015, 10:42:23 AM »
and so coined as   ;D

St. George's Adage

" If you're supposed to have it and missed out on getting 'this' one - there'll be another -it'll be in better shape - and at a more favorable price. "
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com