Author Topic: How was the Convention?  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Two Bit Charlie

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
How was the Convention?
« on: March 23, 2021, 08:12:52 AM »
For those of us that couldn't make the convention this year. How was it?

Reed "Two-Bit Charlie" Van Ness

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
Re: How was the Convention?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 11:24:16 AM »
First of all I'd like to thank everyone who put on the convention,
after helping do it for 4 years I know what's all involved, and I didn't
have to deal with covid. I REALLY had a good time seeing everyone,
especially after being cooped up for the last year. The facility was
just the right size with many vendors with a wide array of neat stuff.
Hopefully the Scarlet mask group will do it again, remember it's much
easier after the first time. Thanks again!!!

BTB
Born 110 years too late

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 12:20:29 PM »
It was very nice, thanks to all that were involved making it happen.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:21:51 AM »

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 12:52:54 PM »
It was better than anticipated, that's for sure.
Saw lots of friends, even a few who've been missed for almost a decade. Some 85-90 members signed up, either as Conventioneers or Vendors. Spent more money than I had planned on, but managed to snare an early Uberti small frame Remington Navy in .36, specially made for Lyman. (Uberti turned to producing the Remington Navy .36 calibre manufactured on the Army frame sometime in the 90's.) Color me happy! Now I can replace my Army-frame .36 with the more period correct Navy.  Replenished my supply of APP powder, and found a new fancy blade to dress up the gunbelt.
Bushwhacker, Yuma Kid and Oklahoma Tom railroaded me into shooting 3-gun Pistoleer for the upcoming National down in Parker, Kansas. That should be hilarious fun, no doubt, as we all compete to see who has the most glitches by the end of the match.

The hotel was nice, but unfortunately their restaurant was closed for remodeling. Hopefully next year, if returning, it will be open. (A closed restaurant is most distressing to Mr. Irons.) The catered banquet was excellent and they had a nice acoustic band to play during our supper. (Here's a dining tip, arrive late to the banquet after most everyone has gone through the line and the servers take pity on you and give you both chicken and steak . . .)
The town of Nashville itself has a large Artist Colony district with lots of specialty crafty-type shops. It would take the better part of a day to take them all in.

A large portion of proposed changes that were to be considered by the Congress were withdrawn in order to fine-tune the wording. Not many changes, but check with your Posse Reps to get brought up to date. Most notable is finally defining what is and isn't to be considered a Pocket Pistol.

Everyone I talked to seemed happy to be able to let the bear out, and looking forward to the coming year with renewed fervor.

RCJ

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 08:39:15 AM »
I also want to thank the Jim K. and the SMVS for the great job putting on the convention.  With Covid still being at the forefront, they faced a big challenge.  We had a good number of vendors and great seminars.  My wife reported the Ladies Tea was very nice and she enjoyed it very much.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline Yuma Kid

• NCOWS Editor (The Shootist Magazine)
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John "Yuma Kid" Irons
  • SASS #: 31302
  • NCOWS #: L129
  • GAF #: 767
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 11:53:01 AM »
All,
As River City has already said, a grand time was had by all who attended. There was lots of stuff to look at and buy. I found a restaurant just down the street that fit the bill just right, so no meals were missed! Thank goodness!
Yuma
Keep Yer Powder Dry!

NCOWS #L129,  G.A.F. # 767, SASS #31302, NRA Life Endowment, Lancaster County Bounty Collection Agentcy #29

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com