CAS TOPICS > 1911 & Wild Bunch Shooting

American Tactical Import

(1/4) > >>

griswold:
Can anyone tell me the quality of the 1911's distributed by American Tactical Imports?

wildman1:
Seems to be a good gun. Has a pretty stiff trigger pull. Chamber is a little tight so its a little picky on ammo. Overall a good gun for the price. wM1

DeaconKC:
I have one in a Commander size. Fantastic gun. My gunsmith looked it over and was very impressed.

Advertising:

griswold:
Thanks for the reply's..............I looked over one at the local gun shop and the machine work by the manufacture, SAM Inc. Philippines, is impressive.......very close mil spec. tolerances, 4140 steel, nice even parkerized finish (but I understand it is thin and not too durable)...........compared it to a Rock Island which are made by Armscorp.........the ATI is much tighter and cleaner..funny that the gun dealer stated the ATI's are at the bottom of the barrel in 1911's..didn't want to argue that point as he might raise his prices....just wish they made one in a polished blue finish like the Cimarron Guns by Armscorp.

Gris

Capt Quirk:
I just got the military 45, and was truly amazed at how much it was like the service pistol I had to qualify with. The only issue, is that the finish is kinda thin. I picked up a scratch on the slide on day one, and it is wearing thin in places after only a week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version