Special Interests - Groups & Societies > USFA CSS

38/40 serial number

(1/3) > >>

King Medallion:
I'm looking at a USFA in 38/40, with the serial number being 22406. US parts gun? Turnbull CCH finish, 7.5" barrel, looks like new. Approximate value? Thanks.

Dave T:
King, I'm not expert on USFAs. I just have several and like and appreciate them very much. I've generally been told the US made parts started taking over in the mid to late 23,000 range and by the 24,000s you could be sure you had a US sourced gun. If that is correct it makes your 22,000 numbered gun a likely Uberti parts gun.This isn't carved in concrete so maybe some one with more authorative information will  chime in shortly.

Dave

Buckaroo Lou:
I think what Dave T said is about right. Like him I am no expert. Pictures of the cylinder, front sight, ejector shroud cam, and hammer sure would help.

Advertising:

Black River Smith:
King Medallion,

Here is a link to a 2016 posting that a lot of people added their knowledge to about the USFA (not USAF) and earlier revolvers.  Two of them are the people that have already posted to you.

https://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php?topic=57348.0

I think it will answer your SN# question but not your pricing question.

Shortly after this 2016 timeframe. there was a local shop that had a 'special order' USFA (not USAF) polished steel finished 38/40 'China Camp' at a price of $1400.  I believe China Camp revolvers were all USA made.  I was watching for several weeks but it sold before I could gather and justify the monies.  This is the only price reference point, I can offer to you.

I, unfortunately, was never able to put my hands on a Rodeo or any affordable USFA (not USAF) - USA revolver.

Good luck if you do get this one.

PS -- Thanks Coffinmaker

King Medallion:
Judging by what I've read so far, it's a parts gun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version