Author Topic: Sgt Preston shoots tomorrow.  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
Sgt Preston shoots tomorrow.
« on: December 18, 2020, 09:05:32 PM »
Our December match is tomorrow which is going to be a regular cas match so I was going to carry my vaqueros and Marlin and be competitive but then I decided what the hell, I’ll wear my RNWMP red serge and single action my MkIV and MkVI and use the 1873/76 carbine. I’ve got one of the fur lined caps and some gauntlets. I’ll take Yukon King along too. It’s going to be cold one I’m afraid, hope the sun comes out. We normally would quit early and have our Christmas dinner but not this year. This covid is a truly terrible thing. Hopefully Carolina ’Ex’ Schoolmarm will get pictures of Sgt Preston in action. Stay safe through the holidays guys.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline smoke

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Sgt Preston shoots tomorrow.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 08:23:19 PM »
Ed,

did you go and shoot?  How did it go?  Any pics?
GAF#379

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 07:56:00 AM »
We had a cold but sunny shoot with 9 cowpokes participating. We shot 6 scenarios with our all day line being ‘2021 will be a better year’ or words to that effect. We used our clay pigeon thrower on a couple stages and our double plate swinger for a couple [once as a pistol target and once as a rifle target with the option to pick up missed plates with your scattergun. It was a fun shoot. King was a good dog and stayed put all day and didn’t mess up the range. I had 3 or 4 misses and came in 4th. As everyone else was shooting cas revolvers i shot my .455 MkIV and MkVI single action. I carried my stetson but wore my Mounted Police fur cap all day, that is a warm hat.  Photos are being difficult but I’ll get something.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:31:26 PM »

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 09:59:52 PM »
Sounds like fun, Ed!  Looking forward to some photos ...
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com