Author Topic: WPG Glory BLUE Mills Belts!  (Read 7479 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: WPG Glory BLUE Mills Belts!
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 07:21:06 PM »
They still don't have the Blue 30/40 belts
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline 1961MJS

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 797
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 04:06:47 PM »
Hi

I have several reference books on this stuff, and I found something I thought was strange.  All of the PICTURES IN THE BOOKS I HAVE show 34/40 Krags and the C clip while the pictures showing the 45/70 have the US buckle setup.  I also noted that the Philippine Insurrection pictures all showed long guns (both Trapdoors and Krags).  I was SOOOO happy I got a Carbine too.

Later
Mike
BOSS #230

Brevet Lieutenant Colonel
Division of Oklahoma

Offline Quick Fire

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 07:12:28 PM »
Mike, the 4th US Cavalry was involved in the Philippine Insurrection, and also here is an attached photo supposedly of the 1st South Dakota Volunteers with Krag carbines.

Quick Fire
QuickFire                                 Lt. Colonel, Division of Nebraska                                                                                                                                                                          GRAND ARMY of the FRONTIER                                                         
NCOWS 1717

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:18:31 PM »

Offline 1961MJS

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 10:47:29 PM »
Thanks Quickfire, that's a big help.  I didn't see the 4th Cavalry on the order of battle searches I did online, but I'll look for both south Dakota and the 4th. 

Later
Mike
BOSS #230

Division of Oklahoma

Offline Quick Fire

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2017, 06:33:23 AM »
Mike, I'm not sure if that be picture I posted is of the 1st South Dakota. It's labled that way but I'm not sure. However I do know that a handful of 4th cavalrymen fought with the North Dakota Volunteers.
Quick Fire

QuickFire                                 Lt. Colonel, Division of Nebraska                                                                                                                                                                          GRAND ARMY of the FRONTIER                                                         
NCOWS 1717

Offline 1961MJS

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 08:45:52 PM »
Thanks again Quickfire.  My plan as to get the 1899 Khaki uniform for the Philippines, but the pictures show the blue wool shirt and the old 1884 fatigue uniform pants.  I was going to get those anyway.  It also appears that I don't need to get the Khaki 100 round Krag belt since I have the blue one.  I may get a .45-70 belt from S&S Firearms so I can use the Mills belt brass plate for something. 

Later
Mike
BOSS #230

Division of Oklahoma

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com