Author Topic: Single Six in .32 H&R - no longer made?  (Read 6852 times)

Offline BlaiseNSaddles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Single Six in .32 H&R - no longer made?
« on: September 07, 2005, 03:51:51 PM »
I see them on the web site but a lot of dealers locally tell me Ruger quite making them.

They looked like a lot of fun.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Re: Single Six in .32 H&R - no longer made?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 03:54:21 PM »
I hope not. I'd like to get one.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Gold Canyon Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 09:27:04 AM »
Best that I can determine, they just stopped production until their inventory was reduced on the 32s.  You can sure still get them pretty easy.  I wouldn't be suprised to see them make the new model Vaquero in 32.  I sure wish they would make a run of 32s with adjustable sights.  They stopped making this version of the Single Six in late 80s. We have a pair and sure would like two more.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:11:30 AM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 10:02:36 AM »
The one with adjustable sights is the kind I would like to get.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 01:40:25 PM »
I have a 5 1/2 adjustable sighted one I've had since the late 80's.  One of the most practical revolvers for a outdoor carry gun in my area, since I ain't to worried about being et by a grizzly.

The heavy Ruger only type loads gives one a gun that it close to the 357 in some ways and better than one in others.  I use a Lyman 311316 bullet that comes out just under 120 gr. and can be driven at around 1250 fps, not a CAS load, but a very useful field load.   And it comes out of a package that is even a bit lighter than a SS in either 22 rimfire.

Everyone I know who has one will not give it up, tobad sales were slow on these.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 12:19:08 AM »
I jus' got a new flyer with a whole passel of fixed sight .32 H&R Single Sixes with fixed sights available. 
Even sequentials were available.
No adjustable sight .32 Single Sixes were listed. >:(
MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline USCG Flyer

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 09:38:41 AM »
I don't know if they are still being made, I know they are still listed on Ruger's site. That being said, I do know that there are a few large distributors blowing them out. I just picked one up yesterday, a stainless/pseudo ivory model for $359 NIB. I just brought it home and cleaned the packing crap off it, but I think it will be a nice little toy. The ammo is crazy, and I paid $10 for the SWC load, and $12 for the HP fodder, the boxes only come in 20 rds. So I guess it's time to order some brass and dies. It would be kinda fun to work up a black powder load for it I think. I kept hearing what a neat little cartridge it was, so I had to find out for myself. I think it will be a nice little woods toter for the lower 48. I must admit, even though I have about 45 handguns, in all sorts of modern and old designs, if I was ever gonna carry an SA revolver concealed, this would be the ticket. The thing is a great size and with the right load can provide a pretty decent punch from reviewing the data on it, especially in handloads.

Offline USCG Flyer

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 09:45:05 AM »
One other thing to consider that slipped my mind. While loading up a few cartridges last night to check function, I noticed a small flaw that may be bad for you CAS types. The loading gate is SMALL! I think it would be very easy to slip up while loading and unloading in a hurry. I think I will look into a free spin type mod. You have to get the cylinder in exactly the right spot to get the cartridges in and out.

Offline Linn Keller

• Citizen
  • 10th century monk, 19th century cowboy
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 06:12:41 PM »
Had an adjustable sight model for years, still have it and would love to have another just like it.
Doc Wilcox handed me his brand new never fired fixed sight model and suggested I use them for main match guns.
I did.
Had an absolute ball!
No problem with the little bitty loading gate.  Pulled the base pin, pulled the cylinder clear out, then poked out the empties.
Not that I'm lazy or anything (insert innocent expression here!) ;D
Linn
If I know so darn much why don't I hang out a shingle and make a million dollars, eh?

Offline Gold Canyon Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 08:47:48 PM »
Most folks that shoot the 32 Rugers a bunch make the loading gate area larger by grinding on the frame area under the loading gate closure.  A little off each side next to the cylinder does the job. When the gate is closed the gun looks identical from outside.  Best to have a professional do the job as it is not reversable. These same folks open up the hole through the frame that the ejection rod goes through-use one size larger drill bit.  This hole tends to clog up and the rod won't move any more.

Offline klausg

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 03:32:16 AM »
I've got two, one in polished stainless 4 5/8" fixed sights, the other is an older blued model that I inherited from the old man w/adjustable sights.  Delmonico, I'd be interested in your load for that Lyman 120gr.  I am just starting to cast my own bullets, currently I generally shoot a Meister 94gr RNFP with 2.8gr of Red Dot.  I tend to carry the stainless when I'm out hunting the bigger critters for the ocassional grouse that shows up.  Regardless they are both just plain FUN to shoot.

-SSG Klaus

Offline Texas Butterbean

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 07:09:48 PM »
 ;D  Just this past Sunday I was able to get the 32s with fixed sites for a song and a dance.  So i guess tha i'm now a RAT.  Shot them that afternoon and they are really sweet.  I plan on using them for my main match shooters.  Texas Butterbean

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 06:11:42 PM »
Yup----You're a RATS.
MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com