Author Topic: Stainless steel grip frame for Blackhawk  (Read 5812 times)

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Stainless steel grip frame for Blackhawk
« on: March 05, 2009, 11:36:01 PM »
My Blackhawk is full blue, but I would like to swap out the grip frame for a stainless steel grip frame. Who should I talk to?
A work in progress.

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 406
Re: Stainless steel grip frame for Blackhawk
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 09:48:42 AM »
Brownells used to list a brass frame.  They are the "go-to" source for parts.  If you want someone to fit & finish it, keep on asking.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 12:02:23 PM »
I think I may have one or two on hand, if'n Brownells is out.
They were taken off of OM K-Vaqueros.  I also think I have some off'n a couple of .22 K-Single Sixes.

MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:58:54 PM »

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 01:40:18 AM »
I think I may have one or two on hand, if'n Brownells is out.
They were taken off of OM K-Vaqueros.  I also think I have some off'n a couple of .22 K-Single Sixes.

MG
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
A work in progress.

Offline Antipaladin

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 05:17:23 PM »
I have one from a Bisley parts swap. I'm trying to find a stainless, fluted BH cylinder in .357.

Offline rep1954

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 06:19:44 PM »
Well first you never said if you had a New Model or an Old Model it makes a difference. If you have an OM you may want to try a stainless Ruger Old Army grip frame if you can find one now that Ruger has discontinued the gun. Ron Powers offers a 2 pc. stainless grip frame that gives your Ruger the grip of a Colt SAA for both the OM and the NM. If your gun is a NM there are several options. The Ron Powers that I already mentioned, Brownells, Gun Parts, and Rugers parts department. Not to mention the many used ones you can find or ask for in the many gun forums out there. Least to remember when getting one is to order a set of grip frame screws to. If you get a used one it will already be finished but might not match your guns frame the best. If the missmatch is removing steel from the grip frame thats not so bad. But if you have to remove steel from your gun to make it match then a reblue job is going to be needed. If you buy a new frame it will be oversized and ready to fit to your guns frame. I have a Ruger Bisley Vaquero that I am putting a used stainless Ruger KXR3 RED frame right now. I am having to match both the gun frame and the grip frame. But I planned on rebluing anyway to get rid of the CCH decal on the frame.

Offline Harley Starr

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 01:58:06 PM »
Well first you never said if you had a New Model or an Old Model it makes a difference. If you have an OM you may want to try a stainless Ruger Old Army grip frame if you can find one now that Ruger has discontinued the gun. Ron Powers offers a 2 pc. stainless grip frame that gives your Ruger the grip of a Colt SAA for both the OM and the NM. If your gun is a NM there are several options. The Ron Powers that I already mentioned, Brownells, Gun Parts, and Rugers parts department. Not to mention the many used ones you can find or ask for in the many gun forums out there. Least to remember when getting one is to order a set of grip frame screws to. If you get a used one it will already be finished but might not match your guns frame the best. If the missmatch is removing steel from the grip frame thats not so bad. But if you have to remove steel from your gun to make it match then a reblue job is going to be needed. If you buy a new frame it will be oversized and ready to fit to your guns frame. I have a Ruger Bisley Vaquero that I am putting a used stainless Ruger KXR3 RED frame right now. I am having to match both the gun frame and the grip frame. But I planned on rebluing anyway to get rid of the CCH decal on the frame.

It's a New Model.
A work in progress.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com