Author Topic: New Colorado Laws....  (Read 5803 times)

Offline HKUriah

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Colorado Laws....
« on: February 10, 2013, 11:56:46 AM »

I've seen how Colorado is talking about banning "assualt weapons."   How would, or will, this affect the AZSA championships that are held in that state?  I was thinking of going this year.  But, not if it means running afoul of local laws.

Offline Border Ruffian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: New Colorado Laws....
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 12:50:18 PM »
Time will tell.  I think it's too early to determine, what, if anything will change anywhere in the country.  While the media, anti- gun rights politicians, and celebreties are hyping gun control.  It's becomming clearer that they are standing on the graves of the Sandy Hook victims.  Their proposals do nothing to address the the real issue, security.  A lot of people seem to be noticing and are contacting their elected representitives and demanding these nonsense proposals be defeated.  There are two fights, the national one, and unfortunately in some states, and state fight as well.
http://oldschoolguns.blogspot.com/  A place for Classic Firearms

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 01:07:32 PM »
I dont know how to do it, but all gun owners ought to boycott going to the movies unless only pro gun actors are on the bill.  If you could figure out how to get in their pocket book, they might change their liberal tune.  Peronally I have not been to the picture show in 5 or 6 years for that very reason.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:22:50 PM »

Online Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 05:35:54 PM »
What worries me is if they do NOT exempt lever and pump-action repeating rifles with fixed tubular magazines that have over 10 round capacity! The M1860 Henry replicas cannot be easily modified to reduce the capacity of their magazines. At least with '66 and '73's a magazine capacity-reducing  rod could be inserted limit the capacities to 10 rounds or less!  These legislators are a bunch of fools, but unfortunately the Dems control both houses and the governor's office, so it may be difficult to stop them!  >:(  If they pass this stuff without the exemptions, there will be a lot of CAS shooters who will become outlaws for real! The hearing by the committee is Tuesday morning for those in the Denver area can attend.

Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 05:43:28 PM »
This has been coming for a long time a lot of Californians realized that they had ruined their State so started moving to Colorado. Now they will try to make Colorado like California and ruin it too. Your hope lies in filing a 2nd Amendment suit.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 08:43:40 AM »
What worries me is if they do NOT exempt lever and pump-action repeating rifles with fixed tubular magazines that have over 10 round capacity! The M1860 Henry replicas cannot be easily modified to reduce the capacity of their magazines. At least with '66 and '73's a magazine capacity-reducing  rod could be inserted limit the capacities to 10 rounds or less! 
That has been concerning me almost as much as the wording that even 1 military feature will make a firearm into an assault gun. Wouldn't a trigger or a barrel be a feature found on military firearms? If so wouldn't lawers be able to argue that all firearms are illegal?
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline Border Ruffian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 04:39:29 PM »
If you live in Colorado or shoot there here is the info.

Please write the Colorado Senate Leadership and ask them to oppose House Bills 13-1224,13-1226,13-1228 and 13-1229. Additionally, please distribute this list to all interested parties.

I also have several out-of-state friends that are writing, indicating their hunting, fishing and vacation dollars will be spent elsewhere if these Bills pass.

We need to put the press on the leadership and try to keep these bills from even coming to a vote.

Note: Kevin Grantham (Park and Teller Counties) is already firmly pro-Second Amendment.   Sen. John Morse, president, is the senate co-sponsor of two of the bills in-question.

Here are the Senate Leaders:

John Morse, president: john.morse.senate@state.co.us

Brandon Shaffer: brandon@brandonshaffer.com.

Betty Boyd: betty.boyd.senate@state.co.us

Lois Tochtrop: lotochtrop@aol.com.

Morgan Carroll: morgan.carroll.senate@state.co.us.

Bill Cadman: bill.cadman.senate@state.co.us.

Mark Scheffel: mark.scheffel.senate@state.co.us.

Scott W. Renfroe: senatorrenfroe@gmail.com.

Kevin Grantham, Park & Teller Counties: kevin.grantham.senate@state.co.us.
http://oldschoolguns.blogspot.com/  A place for Classic Firearms

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com