Author Topic: New Here!  (Read 1191 times)

Offline animalspooker

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Here!
« on: December 03, 2019, 10:44:12 AM »
This is my first post, and despite my long search, I do not see a forum strictly for introductions.  Since I'm here to find out information on some USFA revolvers (along with a lot of other CA guns) I'm trying to move for the widow of a recently decease SASS member (Kerman Kid), I thought I would introduce myself here.  I hope it is not a problem.  As I mentioned, my friend recently passed and his wife (also a SASS member) has requested I sell all of his stuff, revolvers, lever guns, coach guns, leathers.....

I hope everyone is okay with my asking questions.  I may even find myself posting some of the items on the classifieds.  I started here because I have two, consecutive SN, USFA pairs and one single revolver.  One pair is a 45LC, and one is a 38 Special, the extra gun is also a 38.  All of the 38s have a L prefix on the SN, I'm assuming this makes them Longhunter altered (for lack of a better word)?  I know little to nothing about these, other than they are valuable. 

Is it okay for me to ask questions here?  I don't want to wear out my welcome!

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: New Here!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 12:24:45 PM »
Ask away, Animalspooker!  There are many here who, I am sure, would be more than willing to answer any questions that you might have.
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline animalspooker

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 01:00:33 PM »
So what exactly does the Longhunter mean when referring to the USFA revolvers?  I know who LH is, but not what it means pertaining to the guns.  Second, how do I tell what I have...Rodeo, Rodeo II...?  And I hate to ask this, but what is the value and what should I expect to get for his revolvers?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:39:49 AM »

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 01:24:07 PM »
animalspooker, I am not that familiar with the Longhunter guns, but I think other than USFA producing them specifically for Longhunter the revolvers may have been action tuned by Longhunter. Rodeos are flat black in color and could be Italian parts revolvers or 100% USA parts revolvers depending on serial number range and date of manufacture. All Rodeo II's are brushed nickel and 100% USA parts. Premium revolvers have CC frames and either dome or old armory blueing and depending on date of manufacture could be either import parts, 100% USA parts, or a combination of both. A number of things will determine value, i.e., condition, import parts or 100% USA parts, caliber, engraving, combination of features and/or adds, etc.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 01:20:56 PM »
Welcome!  L prefix Rodeos does not denote Longhunter modified gun specifically.  LH does.  But any USFA gun could have easily been modified by Longhunter's shop.
"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com