Author Topic: EASTERN REGIONAL CANCELLED DUE TO COVID!!!!  (Read 986 times)

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
EASTERN REGIONAL CANCELLED DUE TO COVID!!!!
« on: September 15, 2021, 07:20:22 AM »
After much consideration, the Johnson County Rangers are cancelling the 2021 NCOWS Eastern Regional Championship. We have two posse members who are battling COVID as I write this and many more members who have expressed concerns in regards to health risks. We have had pledges of assistance to help with setting up the stages, for which I cannot begin to express the depth of my gratitude. However, the heath risk is just too great at this time. As of today, Kentucky has six of the top ten counties in the country in terms of COVID infection rate, and the county and community where the match was to be held has a particularly high rate at this time. Ultimately, the health and safety of our members and participants must take precedence. All registrations will be refunded, and while I wish this choice did not have to be made, I am not sorry for it, as I feel that it is both right and necessary.   

Sincerely,

Mike Stapleton

JCR Marshal

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
Re: EASTERN REGIONAL CANCELLED DUE TO COVID!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 07:57:59 AM »
Cliff, hard decision but the right one. Safety first.

"What doesn't kill you mutates and comes back to try again." is a reality, sadly.

Thank you to all who voted for cancellation in the Johnson County Rangers. You're looking out for your fellow shooters.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Jeremiah Jones

• Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3945
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 12:17:35 PM »
I am sure that was a tough decision to make, but it sounds like the correct one.
Scouts Out!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:06:14 AM »

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 11:12:09 AM »
I am currently trying to get my strength back from this bug. You made the right call.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com