Author Topic: 1875 outlaw  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Capt, Woodrow F. Call

• Vice President of SWS Norway.
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Grenland Gunslingers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
1875 outlaw
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:16:58 AM »
Howdy

I have a 1875 Remington outlaw, and when i load it with blackpowder, and shoot say 3 shoots, the cylinder jamed, it looks like my gun don't like BP >:(
 i have used oil,with out luck, and i have clean it bone dry....with out luck :P
do eanyone, have some idea what this problem can be.

B.R
Smoke
SWS # 1014
Grenland Gunslingers # 0001
Cowboy Mounted Shooters Norway #005
'The Cowboys' Trail Riding Society of Telemark 2009. # 003
Member of The Chuckwagon society, Sweden.

Offline Halfway Creek Charlie

• AKA Old Dragoon,The Gunslinger and other no so polite names...
  • Top Active Citizen
  • My Wyatte Earp Impression
  • Liked:
Re: 1875 outlaw
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 07:40:15 AM »
SL,

Use Bore Butter and do some of the tricks mentioned for BP '58 Remingtons. Chamfer the cylinder pin hole on the cylinder, ,pack the pin as full of Bore Butter that you can. you might go as far as lubing over the chambers with bore butter like a C & B cylinder is done to prevent chain fires.

Easier way is to outside lube your bullets with Bore Butter this will help a lot.

The bore butter works! I shot 5 stages Sunday with a "58 Pietta RemC & B and a '58 Pietta Rem Kirst 44 Rem Conversion. the C & B performed flawlessly and so did the 3 cylinders I switched out. The Conversion ran smooth up to the last stage then was a little stiff only when i unloaded at the unloading station after the last stage. I use outside lubed 44 Rem. that I load. I lube with Bore butter. and the conversion uses BP.

On the C & B I packed the cylinder pin as full of bore  butter as I could, lubed the pawl (star on the back of the cylinder) and stuffed bore butter into the cylinder pin hole, lubed over the balls to prevent chain fire and my Pietta "58 rocked.

Also I almost forgot, I use NO petroleum based lubricants at all None Zip Nada, I use Olive Oil for the internals and all other lubing on the pistols. I clean with hot soapy water dry then use the olive oil.
SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Shooting History (original), Remy NMA Conversions, 1863 New Model Pocket Model C.F. Conversion, Remy Model 1889 12Ga. Coach Gun
2nd. Gen. "C" Series Colt 1851 Navies
Centennial Arms/Centaur 1860 Armies
1860 Civilian Henry 45LC (soon to be 44 Henry Flat C.F.(Uberti)
Remingon Creedmore Rolling Block 45-70 (Pedersoli)

"Cut his ears off and send them to that Marshall in Sheridan" Prentice Ritter

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 11:02:13 AM »
Your Remmie '75 is probably crudding up at the cylinder/frame junction at the front of the cylinder. In my '58s I put a drop of oil on the front of the cylinder between each stage after I have recharged the cylinders. I also use grease over the balls and liberally lube the cyl pin & back of the cylinder with greases. I do use automotive greases since they are the same consistancy whether cold or hot seasons and get the job done. Bore butter is probably better but gets hard when it is cold outside.  I work the drop of oil (Ballistol) down onto the cylinder pin by jiggling & rotating the cylinder. You may just have too tight of a cylinder gap for BP and it's gonna foul up. You might do better with 777 (hotter) or APP but neither is real gunpowder.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:16:18 PM »

Offline Capt, Woodrow F. Call

• Vice President of SWS Norway.
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Grenland Gunslingers
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 01:39:32 PM »
Howdy

Many Thanks Pal's

I will try bore butter, it is possible that the sylinder is to tight ( it seems like it), and i might have too polish the sylinder stick.

B.R
Smokey Lonesome.
SWS # 1014
Grenland Gunslingers # 0001
Cowboy Mounted Shooters Norway #005
'The Cowboys' Trail Riding Society of Telemark 2009. # 003
Member of The Chuckwagon society, Sweden.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com