Author Topic: New Pictures  (Read 5452 times)

Offline Bull Schmitt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Pictures
« on: October 15, 2005, 06:05:48 PM »
A couple new pictures have been posted on the SCORRS website. One is I Ben Robbed's new rig and the other is Persidio's pride and joys!
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Commander Department of the Atlantic
GAF Webmaster
SCORRS President & Webmaster
SASS #9535, SCORRS, GAF, NRA

Offline Presidio

• Jack of all Trades
  • Top Active Citizen
  • One Riot - One Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: New Pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 07:28:14 PM »
Thanky kindly there, Bull!

I do love showin' 'em off! ;D

SASS # 40582 ~ BOLD H30 ~ RO I & RO II
Texas Regulators, Tomball, TX
Texas Historical Shooting Society, Columbus, TX

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 09:08:30 PM »
Ah, more photos. We like that. ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:20:23 PM »

Offline Oldelm

• Vietnam Vet 66-67
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 09:35:52 PM »
Nice pair of stainless 5.5 inchers you got there, Presidio! ;)

I know you mentioned you're wanting to reload your own sometime soon. I've been having fun loading
.45LC and .45 Schofield, testing out different loads with BP and smokeless. I'm curious if your R&Ds will take the Schofield cases,...some do and some don't.

Offline Presidio

• Jack of all Trades
  • Top Active Citizen
  • One Riot - One Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 11:10:11 PM »
Oldem, I can't say fer sure if'n my R&D's will take Schofields or not.  I never asked cause I didn't know any better. :-[  the one's I got are from River Junction.  Guessin' that they won't, but, I'll check inta it and let ya' know fer shore. ;)

Thanks fer the compliment.  I jest stripped off the bluing and used Brasso polish wads ta shine 'em up a bit.  Always leaned more ta shiny toys.

Still lookin' ta put some Stag or American Elks grips on 'em.  Can't seem ta get Gripmaker or Eagle Grips ta give me a call back...but, I'll keep on buggin' 'em both.

Offline Oldelm

• Vietnam Vet 66-67
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 11:42:15 PM »
Presidio,  if sometime you want to load Schofield, and the cases are a tad too big to chamber in your R&Ds, you can do something I found to be quick way to take .003 off the rims of new Starline Schofield brass so they'll fit. Some people have used piloted machine cutters to open the rim recesses of the older R&D cylinders,.. ..but I just trim the case rims,...take a 7/16" dowel (it should slip snugly into the new Schofield case), put it in a drill press, and slip Schofield cases up onto the dowel when turning and touch the rim edge with a fine metal file, not much pressure...enough to take about .003" off the outside diameter. That should bring them back to about .516" rim dia. and they'll drop right into your rim recesses in the R&Ds. I found that I had to do that with new Starline .45 Schofield cases even to fit into the "newer" R&D cylinder. The rims just need to be trimmed a tad.

Nice job you did on stripping the bluing and shinin your Rems. I thought they were stainless,....Ha!

Here's a site that sells stag grips , antlers, and grip materials if you want to make your own........this page has nice Samar stag antler pieces....

http://www.elenhunting.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EHOS&Product_Code=GISSSPRSS&Category_Code=KAPGHM   

Offline I Ben Robbed

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 12:25:32 AM »
Proud to have the picture in such fine company! 

That natural metal look is definitely something I'm going to have to try on mine.  I just love that look.

Offline Jubel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 04:46:52 PM »
Predisido, are those satainless or have you defarbed the originals? Either way fine looking Remmies!!!! :)
Cousin we been ashooten at each other all day! How about we stop for a beer then we kin go home and get our axes. Or just as good, lets forget this whole dang feud, I'm agetten too old for this anyhow!

Offline Presidio

• Jack of all Trades
  • Top Active Citizen
  • One Riot - One Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 06:34:52 PM »
Thanks fellers fer the compliments.  All I did was remove the bluing and polish 'em up with Brasso Wads or also known as "Never Dull".  Same type the military uses.  It also helps prevent rusting and "fingerprint" markings and marings.

Well, ya see the end results; and not that much elbow grease either!  Natual steel will shine up nicely given the chance. ;)

Oldem, thanks fer the link; I'll be checkin' 'em out directly!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com