Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Cosie's Corner & Feed Bag

Question for Delmonico

(1/2) > >>

River City John:
Last couple of grocery shopping events have been home delivered.

I had asked for yeast for baking, as I was going to make some bread loaves for eating and freezing.

When the groceries were delivered it turns out what they gave me was inactive yeast, in a shaker can much like grated parmesan cheese.

My question, just what in the heck can I do with inactive yeast, besides give myself gas . . .

RCJ

Delmonico:
You can get your B12 if you lack it by being a vegan, lots of people have the same idea right now so there ain't no yeast out there. ;)

Flour is scarce also.

Gus Walker:
 ;D  Heck around here if ya can cook aint no problem getting fixins...Course frozen and canned is sold out...

Advertising:

dusty texian:
Here all the can goods you want as long as you only get two of each kind . Had to order the flour and yeast , should get it Saturday or Sunday . Gonna try my hand at bread making for the first time . Don't know how it will come out , but gonna eat it no matter what . Wish me luck .,,,DT

Delmonico:

--- Quote from: dusty texian on April 17, 2020, 01:49:38 PM ---Here all the can goods you want as long as you only get two of each kind . Had to order the flour and yeast , should get it Saturday or Sunday . Gonna try my hand at bread making for the first time . Don't know how it will come out , but gonna eat it no matter what . Wish me luck .,,,DT

--- End quote ---

Here is some good reading before you start, my doc, a free forum board I use for a public access cloud, feel free to explore it it you want, I have been told that is the best information out there for the new bread maker.  I've taught many via net how with it, quite a few recently.   

https://cicc-recipe-forum.freeforums.net/thread/5/basics-yeast-bread

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version