Author Topic: Titegroup in .38 Spl. and .45 ACP  (Read 16557 times)

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 406
Re: Titegroup in .38 Spl. and .45 ACP
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2014, 06:32:41 PM »
PJ; Did you buy his Dillon as junk? ::)
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2014, 08:15:14 PM »
It was out of my budget. I continued to load on my RCBS Jr. for a few more years. One of my IPSC pals was doing the same thing, only he was loading for both himself and his girl friend!

Thell Reed of SAA fame said he was loading 1500 rds a week on his single stage press when he started out. He got good, but when he wasn't shooting , he was reloading.

That's dedication! And I whine with two Dillons on my loading bench .....
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline wildman1

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2014, 06:17:12 AM »
PJ the only melting you will get with TG is if your lubes are not doing their job in mid range loads and you get gas cutting which will give you some leading. wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 03:10:31 AM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2014, 01:37:58 PM »
I've had occasion to pull the taper crimped bullets from 300 9mm cases. It ain't fun.
The gun they were loaded for refused to feed them (RNFP's) needing RN or nothing.

Now I load no more than 50 of a new load. Some guys need to learn the hard way .... me among them.

It ain't fun? Saving money and shooting are 2 of three things i like in life.

Tells us how you scored the Titegroup.... Now that is worrth sharing.
Mathew 5.9

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2014, 05:15:56 PM »
My wife once owned two Ruger SR9's and she took her Black Badge course with one using factory ammo. I got all set up to reload for them on my Dillon 550 - (dies, shell plate, locator pins) and bought a few lbs of TiteGroup as it was then readily available. I loaded up 300 rds for her.

Then I let her shoot one of my 1911's and that was it for the SR9's .... ! Now she owns two Ruger SR1911's and I had the TG on hand for future use.

Better ask Shotgun Franklin. He says he can get whatever he wants from his supplier.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2014, 08:50:43 PM »
     PJ, you can keep that 'Siberian' cold up north. While I can tolerate the cold, even work in it, more so than hot, humid 90*+ weather, I'm not ready for anything below 40* yet. I do like being out in the snow, but don't look forward to having to drive in it-to many 'crazies' out there thinking they can still travel the posted speed limit in it. Here in Northern Iowa where I live, it has dropped down around 0* a few times, but then after 3-4 days of it, it climbs up to mid 40's. Have been having that kind of weather all Nov and it's continuing that extremes. Hang in there, it's one day closer to spring than it was yesterday! ;D ;D
      I do all of my reloading on a RCBS Rockchucker  that I got back in Feb of '76. It takes a while to load up 300-500 rds, but I am one who enjoys reloading as much as I do shooting. Even like casting. The only thing I detest is case trimming, rather take a beating!!!! Don't foresee any progressive reloader ever on my bench.
     Reference the primer feeds, a reloader in a community I served as a LEO, had a aluminum primer feed tube with a tube full of primers 'explode' on him. Showed me the scars on his arm, neck, and face. He almost lost an eye over the deal. I never felt comfortable filling the tube on my RCBS outfit and soon went to using a Lee hand loader after that-on my 2nd one now.
     As I previously posted, I think you'll like Titegroup. Powder in my area has highs and lows. Some say the powder they like is in short supply, others say they can get what they want. Have noticed somewhat powder shortages in gunshops and some of the big box stores, but at most gun shows, it is available, but not as it once was. I had a good supply of what I load and shoot before the "shortage's" came about, so I'm sitting pretty good. The only thing I can't find at a less than 'scalper' prices is #10 Remington percussion caps. I have enough in my supply to shoot, but when I do need to replace, I hope they're at a better price. If you've never tried them, I've loaded and shot everything from 38 Spec, 357, 45 Colt, 44 Spec, 44 Colt, and 45 ACP with powders such as PB, 700 and 800X, Red Dot, and a few other powders rated for both shotgun/pistol with good results. PB was one that I never really cared for, it was dirtier burning than Bullseye I always thought. Read not to long ago that DuPont was going to quit making PB if they haven't already. Yours, Crow Choker
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2014, 02:49:02 PM »
Like a lot of places, our weather is nutzoid. After our cold spell, today it's above '0' in the sun and just below '0' in the shade. I've been working outside in a T-shirt and turtle neck.

This aft I'm going either x-country skiing or snowshoeing (or both) to enjoy the sunny day with no wind. I mentioned being in Churchill .... We'd be outside working on the telephone lines and cables when it was -25F and NO WIND! That was like a summer day without bugs.

I left that place convinced hell was not hot, but cold. The heat will kill you, but as long as you find shade and hydrate, you'll survive. The cold will kill you within 45 minutes if you're immobilized and lose body heat. And after hydrating with hot chocolate and coffee, you discover a whole new use for condoms in your sleeping bag at night.

Every morning, there was a collection of the frozen pizzacles which were brought back to camp for disposal.

BTW- how do you know if you're a hard core Canadian? You've drunk maple syrup straight from the bottle or used it for a chaser.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com