CAS TOPICS > The Leather Shop

The Half Flap

(1/2) > >>

Graveyard Jack:
I was asked what holster I would make for my USFA Henry Nettleton, this was my first thought. I started to do a plain black military pattern but just couldn't do it. I've wanted to try this pattern for a long time but always dreaded the trial and error involved in designing the flap. I took design queues from both military and civilian versions. Sam Browne button instead of the usual keeper. The stamping pattern from page 74 of Packing Iron. I didn't really like the way the pattern on the original turned the corner at the top of the throat, so I used a rosette to facilitate the turn in the pattern. I had to wait until the holster was assembled and wet formed before I could finalize the design of the flap and stamp it out. Now that I have a completed pattern, the next one will have a more natural flow from the flap to the pouch. Chestnut brown with some aging effects. Decided to do a sewn toe plug as well. It turned out pretty good.

Page 74 of Packing Iron.

Major 2:
Nice work I like it, very cool how the grain in the leather tends to mimic the grain pattern in the grips.

Capt Quirk:
That is a really nice job there, and looks like it is straight out of Packing Iron. Well done!

Advertising:

Rube Burrows:
I have looked at that holster in Packing Iron and wanted to try it many times but haven't yet. Yours turned out beautiful. Nice job. The half flap holsters are a thing of beauty to me.

Dave T:
As we have come to expect from you Craig, you work is beautiful and functional.  Well done!

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version