Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Colt Long Gun Clones

Long gun clones (1878 Shotguns and Lightning/Burgess Rifles)

<< < (2/3) > >>

wildman1:
Do it. If there is somethin here ya don't want ta read, don't read it. WM

TwoWalks Baldridge:

--- Quote from: Major 2 on November 01, 2012, 06:23:34 PM ---note the Forum header  Colt & Clone are there

the "Lightning" , " Burgess " are Colts  and Colt made 2 SXS also
and these are Cloned so why not ?

--- End quote ---

Major2, are you planning on running for office soon?  Seems your opening fits politician speak very well.  You are correct sir the title does have the words "Colt" and "Clone" there, as any good politician would you failed to also state "Single Action Army refered in title as SAA."

Now that I have rattled your chain for fun.  ;D  I would see no problem with the forum to include any and all firearms designed by Samuel Colt and Company and clones of said designs.

Coffinmaker:

Have I ever mentioned "I hate the term CLONE????"  If I haven't, allow me to express "I Hate the term CLONE."  If they were clones, they would be exactly like the prototype and work exactly like the prototype.   
I prefer the term REPRODUCTIONS.  So what???
Now, we're not exactly runnin out of bandwidth on this forum.  So, if it looks like a Colt, smells like a Colt, ad sticks to our shoes like a Colt, why not include it here?  We need a little more action anyway.  Heck, since USFA has gone Tango Uniform (military term) we should graciously include the USFA folks, oh wait, USFA was reproduction of a Uberti.  Ah well, close enough.  We'll should adopt 'em anyhow.
What was the original question anyway????

Coffinmaker

Advertising:

Coffinmaker:

Ah ..... YES?????

;D

Gen Lew Wallace:
I like "reproduction" as well.  But in the true sense, all our cowboy guns are just that; reproductions of 19th century firearms.  I don't propose to get into a lengthy picking of nits on what is called what.  It just seems to me we sometimes suffer from the same thing that all huge entities suffer from.  Look at General Motors.  They had way too many brands under one roof.  People get distracted easily enough.  I like the good ol KISS rule.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version