Author Topic: Cimarron vs. Taylor  (Read 19157 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
Re: Cimarron vs. Taylor
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 03:37:29 PM »
Unless they've changed or moved , no showroom  DJ.

It's a low warehouse complex and the main entrance opens into Tammy's & Sue desks a small area maybe 20 x 40, course
I'm not sure how much is behind the Door to the warehouse.
I think the smith is off property....but should you stop by, Tammy or Sue will greet you and they will show you anything they have in stock.
Though I have not been through in several years ,I make a point to stop in when passing through or even if I'm near by.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 05:59:43 PM »
I have just bought a Codymatic Model 73.

He buys them from Tayolors, slicks up the action, and installs a short strolke kit.... at little more than you would pay for the original Taylors ..... so you get a 'race ready' model for a great price.

In fact, far less than if you paid for the gun through Taylors and had the work done out of pocket from a gunsmith .....

I would suggest a Model '73 because it is much less fussy about OAL of ammo that the later models were ... in fact, I normally shoot .45 Schofield with my Model '73.
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2009, 11:39:53 PM »
One more thought...Are kids allowed at matches?

As long as they're riding on a green tractor, with yellow wheels...  ;D

You know how it is, "If it's red," "leave it in the shed."

Before you spend your money on a short stroke kit, make sure the association, or club, you are going to shoot with, allows them. NCOWS does not allow a short stroke kit, Sass, I hear, does allow a short stroke kit... Ask first, before you spend your money...!

Bill

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 12:44:42 PM »

Offline Marshal Deadwood

• SHOOTER FOR HIRE
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Home of the Plainsmen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 08:10:55 PM »
Taylors is best. Unlike 'other', they honest to God care about you. They do not beat you around a bush. They do not act like you are wrong or have lost your mind or that you are stupid. They act like you need help and they want to help you. Period.  You can't ask for more. If I wish to buy a gun that Taylors stocks, I would NOT CONSIDER going to anyone else. Period. And, for damn sure you wont catch me going west no mo'. 

Taylors, the Eyes of Texaz are upon you ,,,:) (wink)  :)

MD

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 12:15:38 AM »
Here, here; What Marshall Deadwood said ...

I have been put on hold, been told that my order didn't matter (because they were tryining to fill a 'real' order {Their words})....

On the ohter hand, when I bought a used Pietta (which they politely told me had not been their sale), they continued to act like I was a valued cusomer and took care of my problems.

When I bought a Uberti Codymatic Model 73 (Which he buys originally from Taylors) when I had nit-noi questions about the weapon I was graciously treated as a consuming customer by their customer service.

You can bet your booties wether I buy a part or a whole weapon, it will be through Taylors & Company!
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Offline Devil Anse Hatfield

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 08:17:10 PM »
Bought a gun from Taylors At the Guns of August . I have  had a few runs ins with other importer. The young lady showed us every gun she had in what we were looking for so as to pick what we liked best. Now here is the kicker ,the gun was cheaper at another dealer onsite however they only had a few and weren't as easy on the eyes.  After the paperwork was finished  they asked why I didnt buy from them. Had to splain that we  were looking for a an item they didnt have then change our minds  and bought something diff. with that being said we saw all of the 45 and 44-40s  that Taylors had  with em.

Offline Long Branch Louie

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 01:48:08 PM »
Thanks everbody, Cody was going to bring me one to Salisbury next wekend at the state match but he won't get them in time to fix one and he is out. I talked with him twice on phone, very nice, took time to answer my questions, and most importantly to me, he did not act like I was bothering him or he had better things to do. So when I do buy, since they are all Ubertis, might as well buy where i'm treated with respect. Not going to shoot, don't have all my stuff yet, but I'm looking forward to Salisbury. Went to Piedmont Handgunners two weeks ago, met some nice folks, especially 3 Cut, he helped me a lot and even offered to loan me some guns. This "spirit of game" thing is alive and well in NC.....

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 05:20:48 PM »
What do you need in order to be able to shoot a match?  I have guns and gear that I can loan and even a gun cart.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Long Branch Louie

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2009, 05:06:35 PM »
Thanks so much for the offer of equipment, Camille. For a shooter of your caliber to offer to help a newcomer is the biggest reason I'm going to like this sport. I appreciate it, but I don't think I want to shoot first time at the state match. Maybe i'm a little chicken. I've got my shotgun, a very stiff Stoeger, two Ruger new Vaqueros, but no rifle yet, and i'm gonna try to build a gun cart. First, I'm going to try to slick up this Stoeger a bit. You 'bout need a pair of pliers to break it open. I think it's great there are a lot of women in the sport. My wife hints she might try it, but wants to see me do it first. But I learned a long time ago, if you can get your wife to like something, it sure makes buying the toys a lot easier. Anyway, I hope to look you up in Salisbury, I think it would be a pleasure to meet you.

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 09:52:39 PM »
Sorry I missed you at the match!  Three Cut does awesome work on SxS AND 97s too.  If you need some help with yours he's local, doesn't over charge and he does good work that he guarantees.  We're going to try to be at PHA this weekend.  Maybe we'll see you there.   :)

Oh and you are very welcome to use any of my guns any time.  Just let me know in advance.  Send a PM and that way I'll get a notification to come and see what someone left for me and will see it quicker.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com