Author Topic: Bruce Montague  (Read 1318 times)

Offline One Tall Man

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bruce Montague
« on: May 19, 2012, 08:48:25 AM »
The Canadian gun forums censor every topic related to Bruce. Posting here I am hoping that our American friends have more guts.

In my opinion, we still owe lots to Bruce. He was the only one willing to be arrested and charged under the Firearms Act as that was the only way under the law to challenge its constitutionality. There are varying opinions on how good or bad he organized his case, but it is beyond doubt that he was the only one who put everything on the line and paid dearly for his courage.

At present the Ontario office of civil forfeiture is trying to confiscate his farm and house that he built as proceeds of crime.
He is prohibited for life from possessing firearms, which deprived him of means to earn for a living as he is a gunsmith.

I submit that those are gross injustices incompatible with the democracy that Canada claims to be and all gun owners in Canada should lend a hand to Bruce however they can. We should not abandon the only person in Canada who was willing to be charged with Firearms Act violations just to have a day in court.

Just my 2c.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com