GENERAL TOPICS > Books & Movies

Informative Book on the Comanche

<< < (2/4) > >>

Gun Creek Phil:
Hello,

This one is also very interesting
The Comanches: Lords of the South Plains (The Civilization of the American Indian Series) by Ernest Wallace and E. Adamson Hoebel

http://www.amazon.com/Comanches-Plains-Civilization-American-Indian/dp/0806120401/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1440829786&sr=1-2

I've been lucky to find it in a French edition in my country. ;D

Good Troy:

--- Quote from: nagantino on August 26, 2015, 05:14:01 PM ---The son of the morning star by Evan S Connell is the finest account of the life of Custer, The Little Bighorn, its aftermath and what happened to the survivors.  There are others but I found this one outstanding. And yes I loaned it and can't get it back.

--- End quote ---

I went on vacation last week and was unable to find a copy of this book locally in short order, so I purchased "A Terrible Glory".  It is an (brief) account of Custer's civil war military life, and a more detailed account about IW and LBH.  I'm about 3/4's through it.  I've found the book to be fairly easy to follow, and informative.  It is my first read on the Custer and LBH.  I'll put the Son of the Morning Star on my gift list for my b'day and the holidays. 

rbertalotto:
The son of the morning star is also a movie...On YouTube for free

Johnson Barr:
One of my favorite reads is 'Comanche Dawn' by Mike Blakely.

Good Troy:

--- Quote from: nagantino on August 26, 2015, 05:14:01 PM ---The son of the morning star by Evan S Connell is the finest account of the life of Custer, The Little Bighorn, its aftermath and what happened to the survivors.  There are others but I found this one outstanding. And yes I loaned it and can't get it back.

--- End quote ---

Nagantino....I got the Son of the Morning Star, and the Empire of the Summer Moon for Christmas...in fact I got two copies of the Son of the Morning Star!

I've started the Son of the Monrning Star.  I'm learning a few things from it, and I really like the conversational style of writing.

Thanks again for the tip(s).

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version