Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Zoot Shooters

5" S&W .38 barrel

<< < (3/3)

Professor Marvel:

--- Quote from: Lord Eoin MacKenzie on October 30, 2020, 12:47:40 PM ---PROF. MARVEL [OR SHOULD IT CAPT, SHAZZAM}]  all i need is the 6 in skinny barrel.  I have dremels and files.

--- End quote ---

Aha! Very Well My Good Lord E.M.
I shall keep my eyes peeled.

perhaps if we put the 5" in the light it might "grow" a bit like D'Artagnan's sword:

Treville : Your father says that you carry his old sword, M. D'Artagnan..
D'Artagnan : Yes.
Treville : [Clears his throat and extends his hand. D'Artagnan produces the sword, which has been broken off quite short]  Oh. Do me the honor of taking one on loan until yours grows longer. .

yhs
prof marvel

StrawHat:

--- Quote from: Lord Eoin MacKenzie on October 29, 2020, 09:04:48 AM ---Gentlepersons,  I am still looking for a 6 in unshoulded barrel w no lug and round front site per DRYDOCKs suggested for round butt frames.   I bought one of the GSS from J&G and hand my extra Victory model barrel installed, not quite GAF kosher for now.

--- End quote ---

Trying to find one of those is going to take some searching. Try looking on the S&W forum, the blue one. Lots of knowledgeable folks with stashes of parts.

Another option since you require neither lug nor shoulder is an 8” piece of barrel stock rifled for the 38 S&W Special. You can have it threaded and turned to whatever profile you want. Unless you have to have the patent stamps.

Kevin

Lord Eoin MacKenzie:
that was a possible thing to do, once my gunsmjth gets the new shop finished.  many places like numrich have barrel blanks for sale.

Advertising:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version