Author Topic: Bucket lists  (Read 22544 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: Bucket lists
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2018, 04:59:12 AM »
an alert ( sound ) on my Cell phone, woke me and now left awake and to idle musing ...

I got to thinking bucket lists.... did a search to see if "someone" else had started a thread on the subject....
well there were some entries, but not in the area I was pondering .

Your top 5  Bucket list firearms, you'd like to own ?

I'll list mine in hopes a it becomes an interesting thread and/or maybe additional advertizment might bear fruit in my quest .

in no real order then...

1.  A C96 broomhandle Mauser ( quirky and cool I've awlays like them )

2. A Colt SAA in 32/20 ( has to be a COLT , even a 3rd. gen. )

3. Luger ( 9mm P-08)

4. A  95 Winchester Carbine in 30/40 Krag ( A Miroku Browning would work )

5. Thompson M1921 or M1927 - M1928A1

I could go on I suppose ...but I said 5 so there's mine....

I checked #2 off the list back in April ,

now # 3 ( traded for a P38 , its the Luger replacement , so close )  what I traded ?  well I done good ....real good !
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2018, 10:44:54 AM »
A little while back I got to erase #1 from my list. An all USA parts USFA black powder framed 4-3/4" 45 Colt.

Didn't get the initial smile off my face for about 10 days and it comes back every time I open the safe and take that beauty in hand. The first time I shot it I smiled for the rest of that day.

Dave

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Smoke Wagon Leather Works
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2018, 01:30:06 PM »
Ok,  my list of bucket guns,  in no particular order
Ruger Super Blackhawk, as it was the pistol I learned to shoot with.  Got it,  finally.

G. I.  Issue 1911 A1, the first pistol I had to qualify with...  Which took a bit of a steep curve,  after shooting mostly revolvers. Prefer a Singer,  or Springfield over Colt.

Thompson 45 with drum.

1873 Winchester, as seen in Last Samurai.

Colt Dragoon

Desert Eagle 44... Not sure why.

LAWS Rockets,  just because.

A Western Auto badged 22 LR,  because I had so much fun with it as a kid, might as well share with the grandkids.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 12:14:50 PM »

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2018, 06:51:44 PM »
My five ....

- Spencer carbine in 56-50

Now I'm stuck ..... guess that means I pretty much own what I always wanted to. Sure miss the MP40 I once had.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Rye Miles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2018, 07:39:19 PM »
I have all the guns I want !!! ;D
Northeast Ohio

God created man, Sam Colt made them equal

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM »

I don't know why.  I don't even know what I'd do with it.  But I just have this itch.  I want a .50AE Desert Eagle.  Go Figure.

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2018, 08:46:31 PM »
I don't know why.  I don't even know what I'd do with it.  But I just have this itch.  I want a .50AE Desert Eagle.  Go Figure.
I have 2-3 Desert Eagle catalogs from over the years if that would curb yer droolin' some. Picture they say is worth a thousand words, but as far as I know neither words or pictures can cure the yern to have in hand. :'( ;D
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 634
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2018, 10:02:54 PM »
My five ....

- Spencer carbine in 56-50

Now I'm stuck ..... guess that means I pretty much own what I always wanted to. Sure miss the MP40 I once had.

I've sometimes gotten it down to one. Then I get that one and another one pops up like whack-a-mole. Actually it's usually something that someone here writes about, especially with pictures, that gets me dreaming...

CC Griff

Oh--and a Spencer carbine was THE one once. Then I found a very nice Armi Sport one and a different gun popped up. Sigh.
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 12:38:05 AM »
For a start I have too many - but some of that is junky stuff - needs a fire sale on some of it
1) would like to trade my 71 Browning off for a good 1886 short rifle
2) dont have a 73 - good one of those would be nice
3) maybe another 76 - a short rifle in 50-95
4) this should be at no 1 - time enough and the incentive to complete two muzzle loader builds that have been hanging around me for years
5) trade my sharps or get it rebarreled

Zero interest in military stuff
Pistols are too much trouble for us downunder (I do have a couple BP ones legit)
At the end I would like some space in my gun storage - so - sell rubbish - trade a few - maybe buy one or two - net loss in numbers - net gain in quality!

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2018, 08:34:13 AM »
Bucket List-Nothing I'm gnawing at my knuckles at present to get but, do have a little list of maybes!

1) Another Colt Python maybe two or three, Blued 6" only. More of an investment. Good grief savings accounts only paying 1 or 1 1/2%. Chicken feed compared to what a Python can be bought for and resold down the road for the way they're going.

2) Colt Detective Special 2" 38 Special. Always liked and wanted one back in the LEO days. Should have gotten one then, $125 compared to $600-900+ I see them at now. Same as with Pythons-bought first in 79' new for $300, should have bought a pallet of em. Did get a S&W Model 60 back in the day (76') new for $125, still have the little gal.

3) 1873 Winchester (copy) either in 38/357 or 44 Special, 20-24" barrel (prefer octagon). No want or time for any of the bottleneck original calibers. No desire to go out and buy the whole list of needed die's, brass, molds, sizers, etc. Not concerned about the 'PC" term of "they weren't in that caliber back then" any more I give a rats anal orifice about the other PC term (Political Correctiveness)-they both can "pound sand"!

Walll'', thar' it is-my sort of bucket list! Any of ya got any of these ya want to get rid of cause' their taking up to much space in yer safe, I'll take em' ifin ya want to give em to me, even pay shipping and send ya several McDonalds gift certificates.  ;D ;D 
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2018, 10:31:42 AM »

Oh WOW, what a kind and tempting offer.  I actually have this "thing" for McDonalds Fries.  I can smell them little suckers from a quarter mile.  Make me helpless.  Oh My .......... Goodness.

I have thus far resisted my lust for for the DE 50AE.  Trepadacious are I.  Anybody remember the FABULOUS "AUTO MAG"   Space age wonder pistol (or carbine with the tax).  Sorta like a Ruger Mk 1 on some really real royds.  Hadda have one.  Put alla my box tops together along with a pile of cash and had my LGS order me one up.  Getting that thing outta the box was almost mystical.  Once outta the box, getting that thing to shoot was ..... futile.  I mattered not what I loaded it with, how I loaded it, what cases I used, what bullets I used, what primers I used, what powders I used.  Jam-0-Matic.  I could get maybe two or three rounds out of it at most.  What a GROAN. Was some popular though.  No matter where I took it, "others" just went Ga Ga over it.  Until we shot it.

Then one day, out of the blue, I got a call.  "Heard you have an Auto Mag" from the other end of the line.  "Wanna sell it"  follow up line.  Where can we meet says I.  Gave me what I paid for it.  Never asked a question.  Never heard from him again.  Must have been happy with it.  I know I was happy.  So happy to se it go away I could have kissed him (Almost).

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2018, 03:24:55 PM »
Had lunch with Coffinmaker ( Hotdogs  ;) eh ! ) and cought his affliction for snub-nosed revolvers....

truth is I already had the malady...Ha  !    I have a S&W 60  and a Mod 36 …. not to mention Dexter & Sinister.

I have a 73 Winchester (copy)   44 Special, 20-24" octagon barrel .

you are right on to want to own one.... but it won't be mine.... sorry

Offline scrubby2009

• Very Active Citizen
  • Lifelong obsession with '73's
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2018, 08:59:54 AM »
an alert ( sound ) on my Cell phone, woke me and now left awake and to idle musing ...

I got to thinking bucket lists.... did a search to see if "someone" else had started a thread on the subject....
well there were some entries, but not in the area I was pondering .

Your top 5  Bucket list firearms, you'd like to own ?

I'll list mine in hopes a it becomes an interesting thread and/or maybe additional advertizment might bear fruit in my quest .

in no real order then...

1.  A C96 broomhandle Mauser ( quirky and cool I've awlays like them )

2. A Colt SAA in 32/20 ( has to be a COLT , even a 3rd. gen. )

3. Luger (Mauser 9mm P-08)

4. A  95 Winchester Carbine in 30/40 Krag ( A Miroku Browning would work )

5. Thompson M1921 or M1927 - M1928A1

I could go on I suppose ...but I said 5 so there's mine....

If you want his contact info, local Shop Keep has (4) flatside  M1895s in his care right now. He offered all for 10k, or separately at various prices. Lovely weapons, three in the 30 cal, one 38-72.
Responsive, timely, tactically accurate, and strategically precise fire.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2018, 01:07:47 PM »
10 grand is out of my wheel house, but maybe one...so yeah , can't hurt to look

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2018, 08:52:34 PM »

Agreed.  Can't hurt to take a peek.  Were I directed to a Desert Eagle 50AE for .... say ..... a couple hundred bucks, I would certainly take a look.  Check real hard to see if it were functional.  Fondle it some.  Drool a little.  Pay retail??  Knot Hardly

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2018, 09:55:01 PM »
Two on my still hunting list. A S&W Triple Lock is my main goal. I would like to replace a Mauser Broomhandle I had to part with to get a Colt Bisley, that was such a fun gun!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2018, 11:26:03 AM »
Purely by chance,  I was in the small Hardware/Gun store in the next county over.  I needed a new swing blade,  but thought I'd check out the "back room" where they keep the other hardware.  Same old stuff,  same old stuff...  Then I look up in the corner, and there is a Tommygun with drum mag, $1,400ish. It is sadly still there,  but I am scheming and pondering on how to get it home...  Without destrying my marriage. 

My boy says,  "It isn't  interesting, unless it goes rat a tat tat tat. " I said my license doesn't  cover rat a tat tat tat,  only tat tat tat. 

Offline scrubby2009

• Very Active Citizen
  • Lifelong obsession with '73's
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2018, 09:39:14 AM »
10 grand is out of my wheel house, but maybe one...so yeah , can't hurt to look
Mustang Firearms and Sporting Goods

Address: 10893 Alta St, Grass Valley, CA 95945

Phone: (530) 477-6622
Of course it can't hurt to look! And because of the owners lay-away policy, I've got a M1889 Marlin now and I got my Civil War Remington on lay-away. Ask for Brian..  One of the 30-40's has that slick adjustable peep sight mounted on the left side of the receiver too...
Responsive, timely, tactically accurate, and strategically precise fire.

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2018, 08:55:10 AM »
Hey Quirk, they got layaway for that Tommygun? Since they had it in back, maybe they would work a deal?
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Capt Quirk

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2018, 10:56:03 AM »
Hey Quirk, they got layaway for that Tommygun? Since they had it in back, maybe they would work a deal?
They aren't  the ones I have to make a deal with,  it's  my "book keeper". There is a reason I don't take care of the money.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com