Author Topic: A Pair of Navies  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
A Pair of Navies
« on: May 29, 2017, 11:07:53 AM »
Don't usually post about buying guns but got lucky recently. I am fortunate to live about 1 1/2 hrs from a terrific muzzleloading shop and make it a point to frequently stop by. On my last visit the glass pistol case seemed unusually full. Apparently, a gentleman just passed away who was simply collecting guns just to look at and admire. He had approximately 60 new guns hanging from his ceiling. I don't even remember what all was there, but spotted a Uberti 51 Navy(CL-2013) and a Uberti 61 Navy(CC-2008). Both London models with steel backstraps & triggerguards. The 61 was the military model cut for a shoulder stock. It doesn't look like the cylinders were even turned. Of course I bought them but I am in a dilemma. I just finished a pair of Uberti 61 military Navies that I haven't even shot yet and have plenty of other Navies, Armies etc. to shoot. I don't like buying guns to look at but I am considering having one of "Bills Cases" double case built to house the pair. Sort of a "Pick A Pair Of Navies" theme. Can't make up my mind yet but in the meantime the two Navies will get TLC in honor of the old gentleman who passed away. Happy Memorial Day to all!!
P.S. Please don't beat me up for not having any pictures ;) I am electronically impared and still don't know how to do it!!
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Re: A Pair of Navies
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 01:04:26 PM »
My email is to the left <   send me your photos I'll post them from you   :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 07:31:45 PM »
Congrats!
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:40:33 PM »

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 12:53:45 PM »
Major 2, thank you for the kind offer to post the pictures for me. I apologize for the length of time for this response, but my computer is on its death spiral. I got your E-mail, but unfortunately my computer will no longer even open them. I am in the process of purchasing a new computer. That sounded great until I realized that much money would be better spent on buying more guns!! Priorities after all!  ;) So thanks again.
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 03:09:24 PM »
Apple is your FRIEND   ;D

Coffinmaker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com