CAS TOPICS > The Powder Room - CAS reloading

Heads Up, Load data

(1/8) > >>

Four-Eyed Buck:
Today the SASS Wire is no longer allowing load data to be posted. Legal liability issues have now caught up to a SHOOTING board, this is the second board I've been on that has done this. Marlin Firearms closed their Marlin Talk board for the same reasons.
 Seems our litigious society is affecting even the shooting sports now. Only thing allowed is links to powder company data listings.....Buck 8) ::) :-\ :o

Marshal Halloway:

This issue has always been a concern for every publisher, even webmasters and forum moderators.

As of now, we are not considering a change in our policy and this disclaimer still stands:

DISCLAIMER RELOADING:  We allow members the exchange of reloading ideas, techniques and loads. However, under NO circumstances does the publication of any specific load(s) on the board indicate a recommendation of data published. The caution(s) mentioned in the reloading manuals of starting 10% below any recommended load(s) and working your way up apply in spades! Both experienced and inexperienced reloaders, PLEASE consult the available commercial reloading manuals. It is easy to make mistakes when typing, so view any data published in a post with common sense and suspicion… If it doesn’t sound right, it probably isn’t! CasCity.com assumes NO responsibility for any loads published.

Micheal Fortune:
Well with the amount of us reloading, not being able to discuss it at all is just silly. 

Yes I understand but common sense people got to draw the line somewhere.....don't give anything else up and start taking back what was once ours.

Cowboys and lawyers just don't mix to well................. :(

Advertising:

Delmonico:
One note all data used should be started 10% below listed maximum as established by a know ballistics lab, but also one should never load below any minimum published by a ballistics lab. 

I don't look at the SASS Wire much but I have seen loads posted that go below what is safe.  Every powder has a pressure range that is needed for consistant ballistics.  Just because it works most of the time, don't mean it's safe.

I very seldom look much at posted data, because if it is safe it can be found is loading manuals and on the company websites. 

I will say this and I'm sure some will not like it, but having been around reloading for over 25 years and working some in a gun store that sold mostly reloading componants, some cowboy shooters are some of the sloppyest reloaders I have ever seen.

If you have problems with your reloads it is most likey your fault in on way or another.  QC is up to you.  I used to do custom loading for my friend's shop (licensed and insured) I've have loaded at least a 1/4 million rounds, every production load but maybe 6-7 have worked as expected.  Every round in my ammo cabinet right now I would trust my life with.

Foothills Drifter:

--- Quote from: Delmonico on November 05, 2005, 12:58:09 PM ---
I will say this and I'm sure some will not like it, but having been around reloading for over 25 years and working some in a gun store that sold mostly reloading componants, some cowboy shooters are some of the sloppyest reloaders I have ever seen.

--- End quote ---

Howdy......
 :o
 ;)

Good shootin......
Vern...  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version