Author Topic: Brand  (Read 6066 times)

Offline Bill Mc Call

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Brand
« on: March 23, 2004, 01:19:36 PM »
Howdy BP Fans

I found last week end in a flee market a pistol that looks to be a Colt Sheriff 36 cal. in very bad shape, have to admit, but with a lot of elbow grease and time, might be a very nice one.
I need some new parts, but I didn' t find some brand on it, just awls on the barrel and frame,

first is a star in a flashing circle with a PN under, a second a vertical bar+ AC in a square, third, what looks as an anvil with two crossed sabres or lightnings in a shield also under the star in the flashing ( or burning) circle. ???

If one or more of you guys have an idea about the brand, maybe I could find the parts needed

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated  :D :D :D

Bill   

I like that place, is the Bar open?

Offline Shiloh Sharpie

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Brand
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 04:07:18 PM »
One thing is for certain it ain't "brand new"
Shiloh Sharpie
SASS 10477 Life
-------------------------------------------------------
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them.

Offline Bill Mc Call

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 09:57:29 AM »
Isn' t "brand new "at all, not really "junck" bur you know, life is made of hope  ;)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:49:25 AM »

Offline Paper Chaser

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 06:33:03 PM »
Howdy, Bill McCall.  What I 'think' you are describing are akin to proof marks, inspection marks, etc.  I have a Navy Arms '58 Remmie with basically the same markings.  Revolver was made by Pietta.  It has the first and third marks you mention, on the frame as well as on the barrel; also has the letters "BS" in a square.  Hope this helps.
Perhaps others with MUCH MORE knowledge than I will post,
Good shooting!
SASS #54926
Mississippi Peacemakers,NatchezSixgunners
BOLD #H13
GAF #310; SBSS #1415; SCORRS

Offline Cheyenne

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 11:54:05 AM »
Can you post a picture of it?  Older guns are either Uberti or Euroarms, or Belgium.....haven't seen a Belgium in a while, but they used to import them about 30 years ago.

Most of the markings you descirbe sound like proof marks, which in Italy, they have a government proof house which really won't help running down the actual 'maker'.
Well..........Bye!

Offline Bill Mc Call

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 01:01:58 PM »
Thanks for the replies Guys, I talk to a Belgian gunsmith yesterday, have to show him the stuff, seems to be a Pietta replica.
We' ll see  ???
Thanks anyway

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com