(1/2) > >>

Irish Red O'Toole:
This is too important a subject.  Check it out:

http://www.frontierspot.org/viewtopic.php?t=22545

Big Hext Finnigan:
Let's keep it over there..
Locked but stickied.

Marshal Halloway:

I am rounding up some info and comments on this from all parties involved. Hopefully I have something to report tomorrow.

Advertising:

Marshal Halloway:
As promised, I have tried to round up some information about this and here is my comments as of now.

All this is based on the following statement received this am:

"SASS considers Cowboy Action Shooting™ to be an amateur game.  Anyone who shoots Cowboy Action style matches for prize money or expensive prizes is considered a professional Cowboy Action Shooter.  While these folks can participate in SASS Cowboy Action Shooting™ matches, SASS will not support the individuals, hosting organizations, or hosting events that provide or participate in "money" shoots. 
SASS believes shooting for prizes will alter the game we play, and not for the good.  They ask everyone to please refrain from this practice."

Personally, I also think this unfortunate case is partly based on lack of communication from stage 1. I will not go into any interpretation on professionalism, mostly because this is a topic where the borderlines and interpretations are so widespread.

However, right now, the parties involved are working hard on how to resolve this the best way possible and to restore the peace. There are solutions to all this and I urge each and everyone to try to let the dust fall to the ground for the time being.

I know there are frustrated SASS members out there, BUT........
It is important that this is solved by the persons, by the organizations and by the companies involved without too much noise from the outside. I can understand why this emotional stampede has started. The love of the sport is strong and because of that, it is easy to trigger a hate relationship when lack of communication is part of it.

Big Hext Finnigan:
I don't want to give this more time than it deserves and I do appreciate Marshal's diligent work in getting the facts in hand.  However, I think it is important to state, as a fact, that SASS was approached before the W3G match was held.  The above stated policy was either not in place or was not communicated.

Adios,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version