Author Topic: The life and times of Belle Plain...  (Read 48712 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: The life and times of Belle Plain...
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2006, 07:03:33 PM »
Authors Note: It was a 50-90 and like Mathew Quigley he carries no peeestol. ;D

As Will rides by he exposes his behind as the cosie grabs his Spencer Shotgun and pumps 6 rounds loaded with Setzwaun spice into his rear side.  The horse also catches part of the load and heads out a a speed almost unkown to the time period. ;D

When the horse finally tosses Will of, and head on into New Mexico it takes Will 3 days to walk back. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2006, 07:07:17 PM »
Meanwhile.....  in the thicket.............

<----has werked 'is way up beside the ole cosie.

Still hid in the brush, 'e sees the ole boy is otherwise occupied - with a chargin' Will.

Drawin' 'is Navy, 'e takes careful aim then lets a terrible 77 grain round ball fly.  The  mighty ball clips the cosie's suspenders 'n spatter's is shirt with margarine (lube).  With the suspenders gone, the weight ah the gunbelt pulls the trousers down 'round 'is ankles.  There 'e stands in pink undies.

<----laffs 'n slithers back inta the thicket - not ta be found - but ta return.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2006, 07:10:02 PM »
Delmonico sniffs the margerine and knows he's dealin' with and insane looony tick.  Probally one that would eat margerine as well as lube his peeestol with it. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 05:12:05 PM »

Offline Wildcat Will

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2006, 05:10:54 AM »
Will gits up rubbin his hind parts, shakin 'is head with a big o grin on his face.  "That was fun!" he says as he loads up the pistols.  He takes a deep breathe and yells "YEEEHAAAA".  That will bring back Smokey as soon as he settles down.  Thinkin to 'is ownself, "I cannot believe that fella shot Smokey and me with spices of all things." 

Will sits down, starts a fire and figures he will wait for company.  He heard a shot after his charge.  It may have been that fella who was comin up on him on the way outta town. 
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • "I'm ordering you to volunteer again Sgt. Tyree...
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2006, 08:29:57 AM »
The crash and blast of pistols, rifles, and who know what else startles the cattle just a mile or so away. They begin to mill about, then picking a direction they begin to run. "STAMPEDE," shouts Nat Chural, one of the drive cowboys. The cattle pick up speed and the Chef, the weird guy in the bushes, Will, Hosie Puckie, and Hugn Mungus all stop and listen. The Thunder of herd can be heard and the ground begins to shake. "STAMPEDE," they shout as the cattle head toward them...

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2006, 12:34:06 PM »
The cosie although not a part of that herd knows what to do when the cattle stampeed.  He starts fixin' coffee and makin' grub, there's gonna be real cowboys who ain't bushwackers needed some fuel. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2006, 04:09:22 PM »
<----sits up on the hill.

Trains ‘is spy-glass on the cosie……

Ain’t as bad an ole fellah is ‘e wants ta be.  Werkin’ fer them cowpokes fer nuttin’. 

<---keeps watch is the cosie moves ‘bout the camp holdin’ ‘iz pants up wit one hand.  Turns the glass ta Will..

Good feller.  Good ‘n nuts.  A good pard.

Then there’s Mungus.  Thru the glass, ‘He Who Farts ‘n Makes Thunder Afraid’ looks it the boy hidin’ in a quay, pickin’ ‘iz nose ‘n eatin’ it.  Needs killin’.

Hummmmmmmmmmmm.  Me thinks there’s a third party instigator here….

Somehow, we be needin’ ta get tagether.  I’m smellin’ a lazy Texas rat whut’s afraid ta show hisownself……
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Wildcat Will

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2006, 08:00:32 PM »
Will stands up when he feels the ground rumblin'.  " Oh this is not goin ta be good!" says Will.  About that time Smokey suddenly appears heading staight for Will.   Timin' it Will leaps up on Smokey and then looks behind.  All he sees is a dust cloud and a lot of noise.  "Smokey I think it is time to head for the hills."  Will spins Smokey an spurs him in the direction of the glint comin' of  a spy glass.

Miss Pristine has started settlin' into her room at the School for girls.  It will be a lot of work to make this place look nice, but she feels confident she can do it.  This town is goin' to be growing and she figures on being in position to take advantage of it.  She grins as she opens her bag and pulls out a derringer which she slips into her garter and then takes out the deck of cards she never travels without.  How on earth she fooled these people into believing she was a school marm still amazes her.
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2006, 08:49:06 AM »
Over the Horizon from the north three horsemen gallop toward the herd, the cooking camp, and in the general direction of the cowboys in and around several hills. As they get closer one can see their rigs are much the same. The saddles are McClellan's, saddle blankets are blue with a gold star, and each man is wearing a tan calvary hat in the flipped up mesa style. On their feet are old cavalry boots with enlisted spurs. The lead rider has a short officers coat with an oak leaf on each shoulder. In his right hand is an 1873 long barreled colt. The other two riders have Henry's in one hand and the reins in the other. They come wide of the herd and then turn left toward it shooting in the air. The cattle slowly move further south and away from the camp and watching cowboys.

The riders slow and trot into the Cosie's camp. The lead rider climbs down and walks up to the man wearing the chef hat. He smiles and says, "Hello Delmonico guess we got here just in time. Our days in the cavalry during the war and after come in handy some times..." The Cosie squints and looks hard at the man, "Well I'll be darned it's LazyK," he says. "I thought you was with the Greater Texas Plains Railroad?" LazyK takes off his hat, "We are but we knew there was rustlers and general mayhem out here and we though we could help. These gentlemen are Russsty Steele an Chester Box. Now whats for breakfast?"

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2006, 03:55:13 PM »
The Cosie serves snake meat and eggs to the three men. He notices Chester Box humming. It is clear he is humming Dixie. Rusty Steele looks up and smiles, "we didn't say we were on the same side in the War. Lt. Box rode with Jeb Stuart, I rode with Buford until wounded at Gettysburg and the Major had a artillery battalion with Gibbon but, after 1864 we all were with the cavalry up in the Dakota's until just before the Little Bighorn.

A horse snickers in the distance, "Guess some of those boys coming in for coffee and eggs," Chester comments looking over his shoulder.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2006, 04:49:31 PM »
Delmonico says, "I was ceeevilan cookfor the 1st Nebraska Cavalry till Shiloh, the unit was pulled and sent to the forts on the overland trail in Newbrassky and into Laramie.  I went back to Newbrassky and took up a homestead.  Durin' the war I was in the rear with the gear." ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2006, 10:21:10 AM »
LazyK drinks the last of his coffee, "let's mount up boys." He turns in the saddle and looks at the Cosie, "Thanks for your service. I once heard a quote, 'The greatest virtues are those which are most useful to other persons,' The snake was good too." He reaches into his saddle bag and pulls out a bottle. "Next time those gentlemen try to shoot you give them a sip of this," he says as he tosses a bottle of Kentuck's finest to the man in the nightshirt. "By the way the Mayor wants you to cater the big celebration in a few weeks." With that the three friends and former enemies ride off toward Belle Plain

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2006, 03:08:35 PM »
Delmonico thinks about and then decides not to put castor oil in the bottle. ;D  He sets it up on the chuck box of the wagon. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2006, 08:26:34 AM »
It's early morning in Belle Plain. In China Town a few are stirring and lights are on at the Academy. A dog barks down an alley and a cat walks into the stable. South of town the cattle herd is resting again and campfires dot the hillsides. Everyone waiting for the day to begin...

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2006, 01:52:22 PM »
In the early morning darkness in the White Elephant Saloon Silent Ed unhooks the chain for the deer antler chandelier and lowers it to the floor. He begins to fill the six oil lamps around it's edge. When he finishes he hoists it back up and secures the chain. On the large poker table he sees a envelope. It is addressed to Silent Ed. He opens the envelope and takes out the single page; it says:

"Ed,
         Sal from Atlanta is in Belle Plain. She is going under an assumed name and has some kind of job there. She has not     forgotten Natches so watch yourself.

Yours,

Abel N. Willing Esq."

His hands shaking, Silent Ed walks to the door. At the edge of town the bell at Belle Plain Academy begins to ring. He slowly moves to the back of the room and into the kitchen where mumbling to himself he pours a cup of coffee. He walks out to the bar and adds some bourbon to it. Slowly drinking he remember Natches...

In the livery stable the horses nicker and one kicks at the stall wall wanting some grain. Up in the hayloft someone is still sleeping after watching out most of the night in the upper loft door. There are more than a few mysteries and people who are not who they seem in and around around Belle Plain this morning.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2006, 02:34:27 PM »
Irish arrives in Belle Plaines for the Poker game.  As he leaves the Livery he spies an old indian friend, "He Whose Farts Make The Groud Tremble". He greets him with the traditional Tribal greeting "Winnabago", and asks him how many players are in town for the tournament.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2006, 10:45:56 AM »
Down the street a man watches from the upper window as the Irishman and his three feathered friend exchange greetings. He turns from the window and fingers the lid of his watch. It's 10:00 am and the town is settling in to a warm Texas morning. He checks his coat and pulls out a folded bundle of greenbacks, "Enough here to stake me for a day or two," he mutters to himself.

In front of the White Elephant a small crowd watches Stokey Pantel hoist up a banner which reads, "The White Elephant Poker Challenge and Drinking Tournament." From the left front window Silent Ed peers out...

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2006, 06:50:59 PM »
Irish's old Indian friend tells him that about 20 have showed up for the Poker Tournament so far.  On stage yesterday Jose Canyousee, Miles O'Smiles, Carrie Atune, and Big Red Boyle arrived.  Sounds like its going to be a high stakes game with a lot of experienced players.  By the way I didn't ask what you are doing here old friend.  Government move entire tribe, create new reservation, Great White Father in Washington declare that entire Flatulation Nation must have village downwind from Fort.  Well I'm glad you're here, flips him a twenty dollar gold piece.  Scout around Town and find out what other players are here, I want to be prepared when the Tournament starts.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2006, 09:01:32 AM »
As the morning sun rises the town begins to fill. Several cowboys from the cattle drive are taking baths at the China Town Bath House. The Belle Plain Gazette is publishing it's debut newspaper today, and the editor Warren Peese has an editorial on gun control in the town; look's like trouble there!

The stage is in and a some folks from Memphis get out and ask about the White Elephant. Things are picking up in Belle Plain...

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2006, 03:36:10 PM »
Jack Rabbit pulls his horse to a stop in front of the White Elephant. He is in town for the big tournament. Today his hair is gone to it’s natural grey color, took him weeks to get the black die out. Jack is wanted in two states for card hustling. There is a bounty on his head but he’s so quick to change his looks nobody really knows what he really looks like, and he never uses the same name. Nobody cept that woman who’s horse he tried ta steal, who knew a gal looked like that was a bounty hunter? He knew she was out there; problem was she was about as good at changing her looks as he was. Maybe she’d miss Belle Plain.
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com