Author Topic: KVC - NCOWS 2-gun Regional  (Read 13120 times)

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
KVC - NCOWS 2-gun Regional
« on: April 08, 2012, 02:20:58 PM »
This is the biggest KVC shoot of the year.  It will be May 4-5, at Garnett, Kansas.

This year there will be 14 stages based on real/actual gunfights.  Shooters will need two pistols, and a rifle (with a shotgun for two of the stages; bring your own or use a staged one.)  You will never shoot more than two arms per stage.

The NCOWS Double-Action Championship with be held Sunday morning.

Saturday evening meal is included in the match fee.  All other meals will be available at the chuck wagon.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: KVC - NCOWS 2-gun Regional
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 11:55:53 AM »

With so many stages this year (Some will be shot with only 1 gun, and will be quick) the written test, and talent contest have been eliminated.
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline J.D. Goodguy

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 09:41:31 PM »
Maybe this has been approved, but I thought that all NCOWS Regional & National shoots had to offer all NCOWS approved classes.  Am I wrong?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:27:27 AM »

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 09:39:39 AM »
Maybe this has been approved, but I thought that all NCOWS Regional & National shoots had to offer all NCOWS approved classes.  Am I wrong?

We will be offering all NCOWS classes:

Smokeless Shootist
Smokeless Duelist
Black Powder Duelist
Black Powder Shootist
Originals
Pistolleer (We may have to do some tweaking for cap & ball pistols.)

Senior
Elder
Junior
& Womens

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Ima Sure Shot

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 06:39:55 PM »
Books,

There is also working cowboy.

I read the by-laws to state that there are the exact same classes for women as there are for men.  Not just one women's class.

Therefore there is Working Cowgirl, Women's Originals (with three present) Womens Smokeless Shootist, Womens Smokeless Duelist, Womens Black Powder Duelist, Women's Black Powder Shootist, Women's Pistoleer, Women's Senior,and Women's Elder.

Also there are only 4 classes that shoot only two guns: Working Cowboy, Working Cowgirl, Original's mens and Original's Women.

Celeste

Offline Ima Sure Shot

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 07:16:33 PM »
Also there are boys and girls juniors.Celeste

Offline Ima Sure Shot

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 07:19:58 PM »
By-Law 10: Rules and Regulations

10-1. All NCOWS shooting classes, as established by By-Law, must be made available to all shooters at each National, Regional or Charter Posse Shoot. These classes shall be:

Men’s and Women’s Smokeless Shootist: Shooters may shoot smokeless powder and may fire handguns using a two-handed grip.

Men’s and Women’s Blackpowder Shootist: Shooters must shoot blackpowder or approved blackpowder substitute powder in all firearms except those chambered for rimfire cartridges, and may fire handguns using a two-handed grip. Shotguns may NOT include any model of pump shotgun.

Men’s and Women’s Smokeless Duelist: Shooters may shoot smokeless powder and must fire handguns using a one-handed grip.

Men’s and Women’s Blackpowder Duelist: Shooters must shoot blackpowder or approved black powder substitute in all firearms except those chambered for rimfire cartridges, and must fire handguns using a one-handed grip. Shotguns may NOT include any model of pump shotgun.

Men’s and Women’s Pistoleer: Shooters are restricted to the use of percussion revolvers, pre-1873 percussion or original/authentic reproductions of rimfire cartridge pocket pistols, exposed-hammer double-barrel shotguns (percussion or cartridge), and reproduction or original pre-1873 pistol-caliber repeating rifles (e.g. 1860 Henry, Spencer, 1866 Winchester, etc: Shooters must shoot blackpowder or approved blackpowder substitute powder in all firearms except those chambered for rimfire cartridges. Pistols and revolvers must be shot one-handed. Pistoleer shooters will shoot the same course of fire as the other competitors except that in a stage requiring more than two shotgun rounds the Pistoleer shooter would not be required to shoot the extra rounds.

Men’s and Women’s Seniors: Shall be open to those over age 60 only, may use any of the above shooting styles.

Men’s and Women’s Elder: Shall be open to those over the age of 70 only, may use any of the above shooting styles.

Boy’s and Girl’s Juniors: Shall be open to those age 12 to 17 only, may use any of the above shooting styles.

Men’s and Women’s Working Cowboy: Shooter uses one pistol and one pistol caliber rifle. Smokeless or Black Powder cartridges may be used. No gun carts are to be used at any time. Pistol may be fired with one or two hands.

Men and Women’s Originals: Shooter uses two (2) guns, one rifle and one pistol to complete the course of fire. This class must be shot duelist/traditional style. Must have three(3) originals present to have the class. For complete rules and regulations see Appendix A at the back of the Tally Book (or click here). In addition to these classes, Chartered Clubs and special events may offer additional classes so long as they adhere to the general outline of these By-Laws. (Amended March, 2011)

10-2. Smokeless powder loads shall not exceed the maximum muzzle velocities of comparable black powder loads,e.g. 1500 fps for single shot cartridge rifles; 1300 fps for lever action rifles; 1000fps for handguns. Smokeless loads may be chronographed and certified by the Judge before the shooter will be allowed to compete. No loading below manufacture’s recommendation. Minimum velocity for any main match firearm is 600fps or published loading data.

10-3. The Territorial Congress, in conjunction with the Authenticity Committee and Executive Committee, shall establish and maintain official NCOWS Rules and Regulations to govern approved firearms, calibers, and load, and clothing and accouterments, and range rules and regulations

Offline Bow View Haymaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 08:25:22 PM »
Correct me if wrong (happens alot)  but I don't think that NCOWS requires stage design to use all guns on every stage.  SASS doesn't either for that matter.  I like the idea of this match.  More variety in shooting scenarios.  great idea for clubswith limited targets.  or small bays.  Maybe an answer ot the catagorie restructering arguments going on.
just my view from hear.
Bow View Haymaker

GAF #522  Dept of the Platte
SASS# 67733 (RO II)
NRA life

Paul Arens

www.HighPlainsShootersSupply.com

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 08:53:49 AM »
Correct me if wrong (happens alot)  but I don't think that NCOWS requires stage design to use all guns on every stage

That is correct.*

And awards will be given to the winners of EVERY NCOWS Class.  (We will probably wave the minimum of three pre-registrations for the class to be viable.)

Books

*At the NCOWS National match last year, Stage 10, all shooters only shot one pistol.  Although most match directors are stuck in the 10-10-4 rutt.
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Lee Clayton

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 10:24:15 AM »
Is there a whiney old lady class? ::)

lee

Offline jefff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 12:01:34 PM »
Is there a whiney old lady class? ::)

lee
sorry sir but i fail to see the humor in your remark. i think we all benifit from playing nice.jefff

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 08:42:31 AM »

It's great that so many from so far away are interested in our shoot. How many of our Kentucky friends can we count on to be there?
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 10:58:06 AM »
Trap. Wish I could be there. Sure like being with you all. This shoot sounds like it would really be fun. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 01:39:37 PM »
Anybody who is planning on attended this event should let me know as soon as possible, so I can give the cook an head count.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 01:26:24 PM »
Ooops...I never published a round count.

70 Pistol
40 Rifle
4 Shotgun.

The DA Campionship will be the standard 15.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline jefff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 12:42:02 PM »
how did the shoot go?jefff

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 02:47:26 PM »
Great!  We had three days of great weather, in a row.

We had a new Junior Shooter (who out shot alot of the adults).  He seemed to have fun and I think he will come back.

Col. Diamond, once again, won the NCOWS Double-Action Championship. (The fourth time in five years.)
Trap took second with myself taking third.

I think Dave Vanderpool posted some photos on the NCOWS facebook page.

Great weather, great food and great friends; and all at the range with a fun shoot: I couldn't ask for a better way to spend my birthday.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com