Author Topic: 1873 Miroku (Marble) Tang Sight  (Read 5002 times)

Offline Steve S.

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
1873 Miroku (Marble) Tang Sight
« on: August 18, 2015, 08:24:05 PM »
     All, I have stayed in contact with Marble for several months now; I wished to purchase a tang sight for my Miroku 1873 but that model had not yet been manufactured. I was notified by Marble today that the sight has been engineered and is shipping; Marble was only aware that Heartland had inventory (3 when I looked at their web); I purchased one for $93.00 plus shipping (USPS for a little more than $5). As I understand, the tang angle on earlier 1873 models has a 4 degree tang angle differential as compared to the Miroku model (22 vs 18 degrees), thus the need for a new design. Good shooting.

Offline Steve S.

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
Re: 1873 Miroku (Marble) Tang Sight
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 09:56:03 PM »
     Ps, forgot to mention that the price included the mounting screw set.

Offline Blackpowder Burn

• Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Lightning
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 09:58:35 PM »
Interesting information - thanks.
SUBLYME AND HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT
Learned Brother at Armes

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:10:11 PM »

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 06:42:02 PM »
Could you explain that tang angle comment a little more? Are you saying the miroku tang angle is different than original production winchester '73s?
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

Offline Steve S.

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 08:42:10 PM »
     I have to qualify the following "as I understand" from Marbles - the tang angle of earlier/ non-Miroku Winchesters is 22 degrees; the Miroku tang angle is 18 degrees requiring a Miroku specific Marbles tang sight. I have been waiting for the Miroku sight to be released - was notified by Marbles yesterday and purchased one from Homestead last night (they had only 3 that are now sold) - 4 degree difference for whatever reason. Good shooting.

Offline OD#3

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 09:17:59 PM »
I think they were just making some more.  I bought mine in early July, so I guess they were just out of them for a while. 

Now it may just be my rifle, 'cause I'm one of those guys who often ends up with the odd gun that doesn't shoot the way it is supposed to (I have a thread on my Henry that shoots way to the right), but I found that Miroku tang sight works great at 100 yards or so, but there isn't enough elevation to hit anything at 250-300 yards.  I've been toying with the idea of ordering a taller stem, but then I consider that 100 yards is probably all I really need with a '73.  I have a '76 for the longer stuff, and Marbles charges an awful lot for just a stem.

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 363
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 12:24:19 PM »
Interesting, did Miroku make ANYTHING on these guns like a Winchester 73?

A tang sight for an original 73 works perfect on a Uberti.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com