Author Topic: Coffee for Hallmark Holiday Month  (Read 17122 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Coffee for Hallmark Holiday Month
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2021, 09:32:14 PM »
Wolf with no beans  , I had some just the other night with Little Smokies....was passably adequate.
Hormel is HEART BURN in a can , no mas ...ever !!!

So the Kid, will relate to this bit of "splendid" news  ::)

Seems my Septic system is TOAST ,  to meet code  :( I have to replace it...  the whole shittery  :o

No joy in Pooville

What’s wrong with it? Depending on the problem there are some ways to fix it without digging everything up.  You can PM me if you want.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2021, 10:06:39 PM »
Its been on borrowed time...it was installed in 1979 for the previous owner of the property....
It was for a manufactured home at the time,  I bought the property in 88 , lived in the MH *  as I built my house, I completed in 91.
I just hooked on to it to save Building costs , it is fiberglass tank... and the plastic drain field is now shot ( heck I got 30 years out of it  :P .....

I could just replace the DF , but the tank size is not to current code for the # bedrooms & baths  dishwasher and laundry etc.
County wouldn't issue a permit.
Actually to replace the tank is only about $1100 added to the replacing the field anyway.

Soooo....  I figure , if we decide to sell and move to a smaller place , a new Septic system is a perk point  :-\

* sold the manufactured home and had it hauled off when the house got its CO

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2021, 10:32:48 PM »
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 06:51:57 AM »

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2021, 10:45:32 PM »
Its been on borrowed time...it was installed in 1979 for the previous owner of the property....
It was for a manufactured home at the time,  I bought the property in 88 , lived in the MH *  as I built my house, I completed in 91.
I just hooked on to it to save Building costs , it is fiberglass tank... and the plastic drain field is now shot ( heck I got 30 years out of it  :P .....

I could just replace the DF , but the tank size is not to current code for the # bedrooms & baths  dishwasher and laundry etc.
County wouldn't issue a permit.
Actually to replace the tank is only about $1100 added to the replacing the field anyway.

Soooo....  I figure , if we decide to sell and move to a smaller place , a new Septic system is a perk point  :-\

* sold the manufactured home and had it hauled off when the house got its CO

Ah. Honestly I’m surprised that tank has lasted this long. If you’re looking for suggestions, I would recommend a plastic-lined concrete tank with a removable baffle (preferably plastic, for ease of replacement if things go sideways),or a reusable effluent filter, and a drain line no bigger than 3”. From a septic serviced standpoint, some chunks of rebar at the midway point and end of each leach line helps us locate them, and we can dig up the ends and run a pressure jetter through if the drain field isn’t draining, which saves a lot of money over having to have an excavator replace a clogged field.  :)

Also, for anyone else on septic, a product called Fizzy-Tabs is an excellent thing to add to your tank once a year for general tank health. A pound or two of granulated sugar washed down the drain mid-winter is also a good preventative maintenance measure that can help your tank biome stay fresh.

We normally charge $75 for this “consultation,”  but y’all are getting it for free. ::)

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2021, 11:10:00 PM »
Converting to underground wiring.    ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2021, 07:04:39 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis -4 and clear. High of 30.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2021, 10:12:17 AM »
High of 44℉ today. Afternoon rain changing into snow, overnight 1" - 3" or so to add to the glacier.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2021, 11:44:15 AM »
Morning all.

9 degrees with wind here in Great Falls.

Taking tests and doing paperwork today. That’s about all from Big Sky Country.

—TK

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2021, 12:35:26 PM »
Thanks Kid,  aside from having to fork over now which sorta sucks,

I saved much "dinero" back 30 years ago. I was looking at 10 grand, what with , perk test , engineering , equipment purchase and labor.
The hit is not nearly as bad now,  in that it is a replacement , so permit fees are grandfathered in .

In other news , I joined the HERD got my 1st. Covid shot this morning ,
 no ill effect so far...except for urge to ...MOO and cross the creek up stream   :-*

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2021, 07:55:34 PM »

I saved much "dinero" back 30 years ago. I was looking at 10 grand, what with , perk test , engineering , equipment purchase and labor.
The hit is not nearly as bad now,  in that it is a replacement , so permit fees are grandfathered in .

no ill effect so far...except for urge to ...MOO and cross the creek up stream   :-*
;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2021, 09:51:22 PM »

I like the fact the "strays" don't want a Covid vaccination, every one on the list ahead of me that turns it down means mine is closer.  Just have got to the point I don't care about people who don't care about themselves.   People have bitched and moaned for years FDA takes to long to get the approval for new medicines then one went through in the time it should take and they still ain't happy. ::)     Kent said I was welcome to use the picture of his misadventure.   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2021, 10:51:54 PM »
Well dang, just ate some eggs and sausage I vacuum packed and froze as a spearmint.  1/2 hour in boiling water and they were as good as before.  Next project is get the 20inch skillet out and make a big bunch.

Any way check glucose 20 minutes after eating, 105.     BP was 132/63 and HR was 77.   Me thinks I'm getting this whipped.   Heard on the radio they are now doing heart valves with out cracking the chest, my DR said by passes may be next, would be great because they could fix my bad graft, would love to get it up to snuff.   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2021, 06:41:16 AM »

I like the fact the "strays" don't want a Covid vaccination, every one on the list ahead of me that turns it down means mine is closer.  Just have got to the point I don't care about people who don't care about themselves.   People have bitched and moaned for years FDA takes to long to get the approval for new medicines then one went through in the time it should take and they still ain't happy. ::)     Kent said I was welcome to use the picture of his misadventure.

As a kid, I recall the 1950s, when the very real, utterly devastating effects of polio overshadowed any hypothetical questions of vaccine safety....
We receive ours at school , I don't recall there was a choice .

About that time , researchers just about eradicated Small Pox worldwide .

I'll side with immunization....

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2021, 07:04:10 AM »
Morning all.

16 degrees with wind chill below zero.

—TK

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2021, 07:56:50 AM »
Had a flash freeze after a 45 degree day a light snow on top makes it slicker that snot on a greased door knob.   At school day, just got back.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2021, 07:57:16 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 24 and overcast. "Some sleet or freezing rain possible early. Periods of snow. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 100%. 5 to 8 inches of snow expected."

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2021, 08:46:01 AM »
Saw 37°  and frost warnings this AM 51 ° now 

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2021, 06:03:57 PM »
At least 6" so far. Light flurries, now. Should end in an hour or two.

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2021, 06:22:36 PM »
Supposed to go into the sub 0 at nights here for about 2 weeks starting this weekend, get the kid home tomorrow no place to go till Rita's Monday Dr appointment.   And that is early afternoon.  Don't like the cold at all anymore, can't breath worth a crap when it gets around 20, may go back to the silk.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2021, 06:28:09 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 4 and overcast. WC -13.  "Overcast. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High 12F. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph."

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com