Author Topic: Standard Firearms  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Rex Mahan

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Standard Firearms
« on: August 20, 2019, 03:02:16 PM »
I've held off posting on this but, times up.  I've had a 3-month long experience with Standard Firearms.  First I watched the video reviews and decided to go for it. I was looking for another USFA but decided Standard would fit what I wanted.  A USA made gun with all USA parts made of high quality. I ordered a 4 3/4 normal gun with no enhancements.  I even talked a Gun Shop into buying some to resale.
When mine came in it had two issues. One I immediately noticed was that the Case Coloring was not uniform in Brightness. To get the issues remedied I called Standard and was advised to email my concerns with pictures.  The girls that answer the phones are really nice; however, they don?t have much authority and have to forward emails to the shop?.  I emailed with pictures. At first, they claimed to not see what I was concerned about.  Eventually they sent a call tag: once they received the gun, they saw the problem.  As it turns out, the gun was missing some clear coat on a section of the frame and loading gate. They did fix that, and it looks good.
Now, at the same time I noticed a dark spot inside the barrel on the muzzle end.  I asked Standard to examine that as well as the Case Coloring.  First, they said they didn't see anything and emailed me pictures of the barrel saying it wasn't there; however, it was clearly visible in the pictures they sent. I pushed the issue further and was then told that the area was from their bluing process and that sometimes blue will get into that part of the barrel. To fix this they decided to clean the barrel/ re-polish it.  They resent the gun back to me and at first glance it looked nice; however, that didn't last long.
I took the gun to my gunsmith and had the bore measured. As it turns out the bore measured .443 on the muzzle end for about ?? deep where it was dark.  The rest of the barrel measured .441.  To add to the misery, the grips where now chipped, probably from being removed. So, I contacted the Standard and again.  They re-sent a call tag which I do appreciate. This time they replaced the barrel and refinished the grips. They sent it back to me.
After receiving the gun back, the metal looks good. However, now the grips are not Proud and even low in a couple of areas. So, I've been back in contact with them.  I've been told to contact to owner who is not responding from 3 Emails I've sent. 
I do believe Standard is a great gun, but they are lacking in customer care which is only a problem is you have an issue.
I'm not posting this to run Standard down.  Im believing their single action issues will be worked out in the end. But today, potential buyers should be prepared in case they have an issue.  Mine shoots well and looks nice and the grips are gorgeous but still an issue.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Standard Firearms
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 08:11:23 PM »

If your post was not intended to run Standard down ...... Then why did you Run Standard Down   ???  We can provide no help for your malady.  For the price you paid for the gun, You're probably due a better resolution.  That however, is between you and Standard.  No between you, us here on the forum, and Standard.

A CAVEAT;  I don't own stock in Standard, don't work for Standard, don't particularly care one way or the other about Standard, and ..... did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express recently (That I admit too anyway).

Offline Rex Mahan

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 08:46:44 PM »
It would be wrong to stand by and not let potential buyers know my experience. The guns are expensive and being sold as the finsest single action ever made.  This forum already has a video on Standard. Therefore this post.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:47:28 AM »

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 12:11:55 AM »
   Lack of clear coat seems like a legit complaint. I don't know if a spot of bluing inside the bore would affect accuracy, I probably would have just asked them to test fire the gun and prove it's okay. Polishing the bore and causing the muzzle end to be wider than the breech end would make me worry about accuracy and I would not want that barrel on my gun. If they chipped the grips they should fix them or replace them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com