Author Topic: ear plugs: impulse or digital - Your experience.  (Read 816 times)

Offline Reverend P. Babcock Chase

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ear plugs: impulse or digital - Your experience.
« on: August 25, 2022, 10:20:36 PM »
HRowdy Cowboys,

I wear hearing aids. If I use regular ear plugs, I can't hear the timer. I have 2 remaining "sonic" or impulse plugs that let me hear the timer, but since my earring aids are not in my ears I have real trouble with conversations (a big part of hanging out with my cowboy buddies.) Also, I'm not sure they even make the impulse or "sonic" plugs anymore.

I've looked at the digital plugs on line and must admit that I have learned enough to be totally confused as to what I should consider. Rechargeable models don't seem to offer enough time between charges. Battery models would let me change batteries mid match if needed. Plus the reviews on both are all over the place.

I'm so confused. Please help me with your experience and recommendations.

Rev. Chase

Offline Froogal

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3882
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 584
Re: ear plugs: impulse or digital - Your experience.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 08:41:19 AM »
I don't wear hearing aids, so I'm not much help there, but I have researched some of the electronic devices for hearing protection. The type that allow for normal conversation, but will muffle the LOUD noises such as gunfire, and yes, it does get to be quite confusing. Some of them probably will not hold a charge long enough to complete a full shooting session, and then there is the price. WOW.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com