Author Topic: Jay Silverheels "Tonto" Colt Up For Auction  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 84934
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 691
Jay Silverheels "Tonto" Colt Up For Auction
« on: June 22, 2020, 01:43:45 PM »
Just thought this would be interesting to some here.

Colt SAA Revolver in .44-40 caliber with a 7 ½” barrel, hard rubber grips, S/N 155951 with notarized affidavit from John Hart “The Lone Ranger” stating that he obtained this Colt from Jay Silverheels who was his closefriend. Hart further states that he worked with Jay on the iconic “Lone Ranger” television series with other anecdotes about shooting guns and working together. Jay Silverheels was born in Canada as the son toa Mohawk Chief. He was a stuntman in the 1930s and worked in films and movies. He began his career in “The Lone Ranger” with Clayton Moore and continued the series with John Hart who played The Lone Ranger for 52episodes. The pistol shows a brown patina, matching numbers, good markings and worn grips for carry. The action is good and the bore is fair. (Antique)

https://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/tonto-s-colt-single-action_5AA4109B82/
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: #810
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Jay Silverheels "Tonto" Colt Up For Auction
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 05:18:26 PM »
It may belong to Jay Sliverheels, as a personal gun, but I have watched the Lone Ranger since I was a little shaver and am now 76, and he almost always carried a 5 1/2" revolver, which I think was a Great Western Arms SAA from the 50s, maybe not.
Reno

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 09:50:13 AM »
It may belong to Jay Sliverheels, as a personal gun, but I have watched the Lone Ranger since I was a little shaver and am now 76, and he almost always carried a 5 1/2" revolver, which I think was a Great Western Arms SAA from the 50s, maybe not.
Reno

Yes, I think its a personal firearm of his and not his tv show gun.
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:57:10 AM »

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 11:32:19 AM »
That looks like a sweet old Colt even without the celebrity connections. With them, it just gets even more attractive to a collector. Oh well, would have been nice, but it'll definitely go out of my price range. Fun to watch tho'. :D

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 08:40:05 PM »
Didn't realize this was moved to the Books and Movies section. I had it in the Colt section and thought it was deleted for being someone's auction or something.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com