Author Topic: luber  (Read 2257 times)

Offline reloader4410

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
luber
« on: October 31, 2005, 08:58:07 AM »
I use 10 ounces of olive oil to one pound of beeswax. The problem is if I pan lube everthing is ok, firm enough. When  I use the luber the lube comes out softer, it is soft enough to come off on my hands when I handle the bullet.  I even tried adding a 1/3 lb of wax. Is the pressure causing the oil to seperate? Is there a fix? Any one have the answer? Thanks in advance.

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
Re: luber
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 10:42:14 AM »
I wouldn't use much, but perhaps some canning wax (paraffein [sp?]) will firm it up.  I started a mix with 1/4 lb. par. wax, 1/4 lb beeswax and 2 cups of olive oil.  It was too stiff for my hand luber, but would have been OK for pan lubing.  I tried to soften it enough for my C&B hand luber (much like a cake decorator) and after nearly a full quart of olive oil, it's OK - but you really have to be pushing on it to work!  It, like yours, seems to soften up when moved either with a finger or mechanically, but for C&B that's a plus.  I don't have a lube/sizer, so I can't say how it would work in them.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Dakota Widowmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS# 65062
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 06:59:29 PM »
That much oil sound like too much...

You need something to hold it into the wax.

Some folks use bol-wax and crisco. (like I do)

Others use crisco INSTEAD of olive oil.

You may need to "warm up" your lube if you are using a sizing system.

Me? I pan lube everything...

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:38:18 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com