Author Topic: Camping accessory reviews  (Read 177119 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Camping accessory reviews
« Reply #180 on: August 03, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »
I've only had this problems with Fords.

Why am I not surprised  ::)
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #181 on: August 03, 2008, 03:35:44 PM »
Hell…..

I haven’t had a problem with a Ford in almost ten years.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2008, 03:46:53 PM »
If I have to replumb the pick-up the Cat-Sh*t converter is gonna go bye-bye.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #183 on: Today at 05:11:22 PM »

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #183 on: August 03, 2008, 03:51:25 PM »
I had one replaced on my previous car ('92 VW Corrado VR6).  The dealership wanted $2000 for a refurbished one and would only guarantee it for 30 days.

I found one at an after-market internet site for German cars for under $1000 & gave it to the dealership to install. 

Still a lot of money.

Car was totalled in 2002.  A guy fell asleep at the wheel and rear-ended me while I was sitting at a red light.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: August 03, 2008, 04:03:46 PM »
I had one replaced on my previous car ('92 VW Corrado VR6).  The dealership wanted $2000 for a refurbished one and would only guarantee it for 30 days.

I found one at an after-market internet site for German cars for under $1000 & gave it to the dealership to install. 

Still a lot of money.

Car was totalled in 2002.  A guy fell asleep at the wheel and rear-ended me while I was sitting at a red light.

We don't have an insection law here so I can get away with it, they ain't popular anyway cause of the fire danger.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: August 03, 2008, 05:27:14 PM »
Arcey, You haven't had a Ford in about 10 years, other than the "Bird". All of my units lately have been Fords. I had a Dodge in 2000. It was a real POS, I couldn't keep a transmission in it. I had to have 4 replaced in it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: August 03, 2008, 05:35:41 PM »
Arcey, You haven't had a Ford in about 10 years, other than the "Bird".

Bingo.......

Betcha I never have 'nother problem with 'em either. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: August 03, 2008, 05:37:43 PM »
Bingo.......

Betcha I never have 'nother problem with 'em either. 

;D ;D ;D

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: August 03, 2008, 11:01:02 PM »

She loves to haul them cattle
All my ropes and saddle
And it doesn't matter work or play

If it's a mountain
She can crawl it
If it's hay
Then she can haul it
She's the last one to call it a day

Every cowboy loves her
Lord, they all dream of her
Oh and brother, don't they all react

At the end of the evening
When they see my leaving
With my cowboy Cadillac
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: August 04, 2008, 08:09:57 AM »
It looks more like an F250 PowerStroke to me.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: August 04, 2008, 08:15:31 AM »
It looks more like an F250 PowerStroke to me.

Nope...

F350
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Scarlet Angel

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: August 04, 2008, 09:19:48 AM »
F350 is right Tensleep.

Diesel, 4x4, turbo, that would be 4 full size doors yer lookin' at too. An pleanty of headroom for all the fellas that's wearin their hats.
She's an 03 model so at the time Dodge didn't have the full back doors or the headroom Ford had. I have looked inside the mega cab Doge has now....Nice & roomy, good lookin' truck. Couldn't tell ya much more bout it otherwise. Won't turn it down if ya want to give me one  ;)

My campin' pard has a 03 Chevy gas..When we do all the calculations including the $.80 more a gallon they are bleeding out of me for fuel I'm still doin a bit better than her when we load the rigs up.

This is one of my favorite camping accessories....I also got a kick a$$ deal on her!!

She replaced a Chevy dually that I really liked. So I've had good luck with both brands. Chevy had a 454 under the hood loved it's fuel but did the run up to Reno loaded down like it was nuthin'. Was really hard to find something that would replace it.

I tried Dodge...took it for a test drive the whole nine yards. I think the salesman thought he had one sold. Then I test drove it down old 49 from Forest hill to Auburn. This is a fairly steep very curvy streach of road. The one I test drove...didn't impress me a'tall. I handed the keys to the salesman (who I'm sure, from the look on his face, had never been on that kind of test drive) and told him there was no way it could out perform the truck I drove in with, and I was sure it wouldn't be able to haul a trailer out of the canyon. I wasn't interested.  And yes, when I laid out the kinda $ I had to for it color was very important. I don't really care if white is cooler in the summer out here. I may if I was in a different state...but I sorta doubt it.  ;)

"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I’d hate to be the one on the hell side.” ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2008, 12:34:09 PM »
I don't need one of them 1 Ton Crew Cabs yet. I don't have horses any more, No Travel Trailer to pull and my boat is small enough to pull behind either one of my half tons. One of them is an extended cab, so "T" has her own seat.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2008, 03:44:36 PM »
We rented a late model full cab 4 door Dodge Dakota a; few years back ta take on a vacation.  The think handled like a dream an the gas milage was very impressive.  Very roomy and comfortable.  I'd buy one if I could.  Our blazer is a two door an sometimes not havin an open bed is a problem.  It's also a very nice shade of "gimmie a ticket red" 8)

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2008, 05:45:50 PM »
That got me ta thinkin’ back. Ain’t never had a problem with a Dodge I owned. 

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: August 04, 2008, 05:52:20 PM »
That got me ta thinkin’ back. Ain’t never had a problem with a Dodge I owned. 

Had five myownself... no problems either... price is what drove me away from Dodge.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: August 05, 2008, 01:38:00 AM »
MOPAR FEREVER!!!

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: August 05, 2008, 07:48:43 AM »
If was in the market for one of those one ton crewcabs to pull a 5th wheel travel trailer, I would probbaly buy one of those King Ranch versions withe 7.3 Twin Turbo diesel engine.  I wouldn't have a Dodge because of that POS Dodge unit that I had to drive. I got tired calling the Dodge dealer to tow me in to repair the transmission.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: August 05, 2008, 08:05:31 AM »
The vast majority of what I’ve driven in my life has been Dodges ‘n Plymouths owned by the city. The only vehicles we had that were worse were the International Scouts.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: August 05, 2008, 08:55:20 AM »
99 F-150 extended with the small engine( V-6). So far , only had to do routine maintenence on it. Has over 108,000 on it now. Gets fairly good mileage for a big truck (18-19 in town, 26 or so on the road). No complaints here other than the amount of $$$ to fill the tank now..................Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com