Author Topic: February Cawfee,Tea and 28 mondays in a row.  (Read 6230 times)

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
February Cawfee,Tea and 28 mondays in a row.
« on: January 31, 2023, 11:09:59 PM »
Guess it's time to start another month.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: February Cawfee,Tea and 28 mondays in a row.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 06:59:00 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis -8 and clear. High of 21.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 06:59:14 AM »
Back to the omnium-gatherum today.
 I was off Saturday (one of 2 my scheduled days) having swapped out a day with the operations curator.

Looking for cool down this weekend, reached low 80's yesterday rain is forecasted and temp's in the mid 40's on Friday.

when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:40:20 PM »

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 10:17:12 AM »
Good morning and happy February to you all. 28 here right now, supposed to get up to 31 with more ice and freezing rain incoming later today. Driveway is sloped and a sheet of ice, so unless we have a medical emergency, I ain't going anywhere! My Boss called a while ago, store is closed again today, he's not gonna have anyone get hurt trying to get in. And he just bought a new Point of Sale system in January, we've had a nice gal in the store inventorying everything the last week. Well, Apple decided that since we are an EVIL gunstore, they have cancelled and shutdown our new system along with his other 2 [non-gun related] business accounts!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 05:04:15 PM »
Greetings all.

Warmed up today to a whopping 26 degrees (that being above zero, and in Fahrenheit ::) ).

I however am not enjoying the weather, as I am laid up in bed, having been thoroughly thrown and stomped by ice and gravity into the stove-up realm. While picking up a 4” flex hose yesterday I managed to slip on the ice and slide down a little embankment…right into an open manhole. Made it about 6 feet  down before an unceremonious meeting with the concrete bottom. Walked away (or rather crawled/limped) with:

-several bruised ribs, one broken
-at least 4 bruised vertebrae, sacral and lumbar (fortunately none of those broke!)
-bruised pelvic wing
-majorly sprained back muscle
-partially torn tendon in left hip
-pretty good cut up the left on my tush to mid back (doc used superglue instead of stictches/staples because pants are a necessity in MT)
-scratched cornea in left eye
-various other bumps and bruises of varying magnitude

So, I’m not going to work for a few days it seems, considering I can hardly get out of bed by myself. And walking farther than the John is not happening either. I declined the offered hydrocodone prescription, a choice which I am somewhat beginning to regret as Aleve only does so much. But I suppose I’ll live.

Y’all watch that ice.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 06:12:49 PM »
Sorry to hear of your accident, TK. I'm praying for a fast healing.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 06:19:26 PM »
TK, praying for you here. Glad that it was no worse than it was.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2023, 08:57:21 PM »
Well, 28 F here right now, going to hit 24 tonight, with freezing rain, sleet and ice supposed to hit around 11pm til daylight. Yeesh, our store has been closed the last 2 days and the only things moving on our street has been a few 4 wheelers. Supposed to start slowly warming sometime tomorrow through the weekend, when it's supposed to get to around upper 50s.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2023, 09:50:05 PM »
Greetings all.

Warmed up today to a whopping 26 degrees (that being above zero, and in Fahrenheit ::) ).

I however am not enjoying the weather, as I am laid up in bed, having been thoroughly thrown and stomped by ice and gravity into the stove-up realm. While picking up a 4” flex hose yesterday I managed to slip on the ice and slide down a little embankment…right into an open manhole. Made it about 6 feet  down before an unceremonious meeting with the concrete bottom. Walked away (or rather crawled/limped) with:

-at least 4 bruised vertebrae, sacral and lumbar (fortunately none of those broke!)
-bruised pelvic wing
-pretty good cut up the left on my tush to mid back (doc used superglue instead of stictches/staples because pants are a necessity in MT)

So, I’m not going to work for a few days it seems, considering I can hardly get out of bed by myself. And walking farther than the John is not happening either. I declined the offered hydrocodone prescription, a choice which I am somewhat beginning to regret as Aleve only does so much. But I suppose I’ll live.

Y’all watch that ice.

—TK

Dang dude, that's a wreck ! very sorry, but glad it was not far worse.
  Declining the hydrocodone prescription, might have been a wise call, sometimes the side effects can be nasty.
 You might try Xtra strength Tylenol back relief. 
Aleve and Ibuprofen never much worked for my assorted mishaps, and these have side effect too  ::)

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2023, 10:31:32 PM »
Greetings all.

-bruised pelvic wing

Y’all watch that ice.

—TK
No bueno, TK.
Sorry to hear. I do hope you can find a comfortable position to get some much needed healing sleep.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2023, 05:37:01 AM »
Got up to try and see the Green Comet
its closest approach is this morning, in our northwest sky I read.
 Fog defeated the attempt; I don't know why I bothered I know from past experience atmospherics so often spoil celestial events.  :(
But nothing ventured nothing gained, I suppose. 

I'm going look at a Replica BP rifle for a fellow today.
 The owner said he assembled it from a kit in the 70's, I think.
I'm not sure if it's Italian or Spanish manufactured. I only glanced at it in the rifle sock.
The main spring seems to cock it, the trigger(s) just won't drop the hammer.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2023, 07:47:38 AM »
Morning y'all.

'Tis 8 and partly sunny. WC -10. High of 20.

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2023, 10:58:13 AM »
Used to decline the Narco's, my family Dr told me to quit playing hero and take them, older guys heal better that way.  Hydro one of several codeine ones can cause some side affects, if you have any they can switch to other than codeine.  They work good with me though, you can send any extra to me. :P  My stash is out and no reason to get more right now but the 6 in my drawer have twice kept me from the ER of late.   Next time likely will require a trip but that's OK, we're friends there.   They are still busy, need to try and hold off if I do to late night.  And not right after the Super Bowl.  Nobody shows up they say till the game is over, I mean, my drunken broken leg can wait. ::)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2023, 04:50:08 PM »
Afternoon all.

I’m still alive. I was originally going to say “still kicking,” but that’s not particularly true. Not a lot of kicking going on here. ::)

Recovery is progressing. It seems, as I can see from my scratched eye again. Swelling all over has also gone down significantly. The transition from laying to sitting and then to standing is also slightly easier, but still painful. Per Dr recommendation, I’m alternating between laying on a heated blanket to standing/walking for a few minutes every hour which is seemingly helping with overall mobility and discomfort.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2023, 07:37:12 AM »
Morning y'all.

'Tis -16 and partly sunny. High of 6.

Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2023, 09:02:20 AM »
Morning y'all.

WI has open carry, but not many people do it.
WI "training" requirement for CCW license in WI is: Hunter Safety course, current or former LEO, current or former military personnel, or CCW license from another state.

'Tis 5 and partly sunny. High of 30.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2023, 12:01:20 PM »
Morning all.

Mod 20s in Missoula, headed for the mod 30s. Cloudy but nothing forecast to come out of said clouds.

As far as my injuries go, the cut on my back is healing nicely, and the glue is coming off as planned. Most external bruising is healing up or gone. The sprained muscle/tendon duo are healing and I can almost get out of bed without making weird noises. None injuries are still present and happy to remind me of such, but they are at least tolerable.

—TK

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2023, 12:24:44 PM »
Well I injured myself but I'm loosing my touch, used to be cool about it like TK, but no more, didn't even have the ice outside for an excuse, no ice anymore and most of it happened inside, mine actually turned out for the good in the end.   But I did get the overnight stay at the fancy hotel. ;D  Actually his was more dramatic from a visual put it on Youtube stand point but mine required precise planning or you would think it did.

Thursday was feeling decent so was doing some chores at a slow place, had some trash to take out of the basement because one I'm stubborn and it seems pleas for help get ignored, maybe not now. ::) 

OK, put maybe 15 pounds in the bag, and it seemed a bit heavy when I bent to pick it up but did anyway, carried it up and out to the can and came back in with no resting.  Got in and was a bit winded, no more than if I'd of did a good cardio, so I sat down, and then my chest started hurting, not a winded lower hurt, but the left side into the left shoulder.  Called Rita and she was almost home, wanted to know what was up and told her just come in.  She got in and I told her and I said just take me so we grabbed my bag and went, that way it don't upset the dog and we can actually get there faster.  Almost fell on the stairs, but got in the car.   We got there and she went in and got someone and they brought a chair and back to triage I went, got covered with stickers and wires, nope, not an active one, either over or hasn't really started.  Back to a room I went and got IV, blood draws and a shot of happy which made me fell better because my chest still hurt.  Cardio lady came in, not mine but the on call.  She said the blood test did not show I'd had one recently but due to my history she wanted to keep me over night because there had to be something wrong, do some more tests in the morning because I'm almost due for them and we can get them all done and if things are OK I can go home by evening and if not we already will have me a room, kinda important right now. 

Well by 2 am the happy shot had worn off and I was in pain again, not a normal thing for what might be going on.  Did all the tests yesterday, and cardio guy by this time and I discuss it.  We both came to the same conclusion, the area where it hurt was where they harvested the parts for my surgery and have had a cyst removed on that side since, with ugly scaring.  I pulled the stuff there because it was finally swelled up and it was sensitive to the touch.  So I panicked  which according to him is a good thing because as he put it, most people who die from a heart attack don't think they are having one.   I showed him this Sept 2019 picture and told him that was taken 2 months before I knew I had heart problems and we found out I did because I went to my GP and complained the Protonix was not taking care of my acid reflux anymore.   ::)

Anyway the conclusion from yesterday is that my heart continues to improve and looks real good for a 66 year old man who has had several minor attacks and a quad bypass.   The getting wore out easy is from all the crap the last year or so and I am doing better than one should really expect.  He said to keep at what I'm doing and give it another month or so before trying the gym and don't over do on anything and just stop when I reach that brick wall and either go work on the computer or take a nap with my dog. 

On a 5 pound limit till Monday due to the cath lab and going up the big artery in my leg.  The yesterday nurse was cool and fun and after the lay flat limit was up she said I had to go two laps in the hallway but resting was permitted and if all my blood stayed in I could go home.  Still yellow down there so that means I'm not low on iodine, if it soaks up in your skin in less than an hour you are low.  ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2023, 07:48:42 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 8 and partly sunny. WC -1. High of 30.

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2023, 11:19:10 AM »
46 here, slept about 10 hours.   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com