Author Topic: Rare?  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
Rare?
« on: December 20, 2022, 09:36:44 AM »
I bet there were not many of these made.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/960517894

A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1194
Re: All Italian parts gun.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 11:06:35 AM »
Yeah, it may be unfired but somebody who didn't know what they were doing sure was playing with it to get that cylinder line.  Nice case colors, though.

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Rare?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 11:38:52 AM »
Yeah, it may be unfired but somebody who didn't know what they were doing sure was playing with it to get that cylinder line.  Nice case colors, though.

Yeah, it is a shame. The revolver looks terrific in every way until you look at the cylinder photos. My Inspector Series Artillery model is the same, but I purchased it knowing the previous owner had caused a slight drag line on a portion of the cylinder.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:43:56 AM »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1194
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 01:50:52 PM »
Uh, you changed the subject line and your first post to a totally different gun.   ???

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 03:46:25 PM »
That thing just begs to be carried concealed, in a cross draw or shoulder rig.  And with that black powder frame I'd have to load it with my full bore BP 45 Colt ammunition...then pray I never had to use it.  Police property rooms are not gun friendly places.

Dave

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 03:58:13 PM »
Uh, you changed the subject line and your first post to a totally different gun.   ???

Yep, the first post wasn't very interesting so I decided to change it. Not many folks interested in a USPtFA at a ridiculous price.

That thing just begs to be carried concealed, in a cross draw or shoulder rig.  And with that black powder frame I'd have to load it with my full bore BP 45 Colt ammunition...then pray I never had to use it.  Police property rooms are not gun friendly places.

Dave

Dave, I would choose a shoulder rig and is the police property room statement from experience.  ;D

Offline Galen

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2022, 05:03:12 PM »
If the revolver was .38Spl I'd bid.

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 908
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2022, 05:21:51 PM »
Lou,

I once got into a heated argument with another (older) deputy who was going to scratch his badge number on the frame of a 4" Colt Python he was turning into property.  I pointed out to him that the gun had a unique serial number already stamped on it but he insisted 20 years before he'd been told in the academy to put his badge number on guns.  I asked the Property Supervisor to explain the badge # wasn't necessary and he waived his hand and said the old timers did that all the time.  The argument went down hill from there.

Fortunately a Lieutenant walking by heard the cursing and shouting and came in to see what was going on.  When I told him what was going on he told the old guy to write down the serial number and quit defacing firearms.  The Lieutenant was a gun guy.

Dave

PS: The old guy hated my guts until he retired a few years after I became the department's firearms instructor/range master.

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2022, 08:27:00 PM »
Dave T,

Interesting story.

I have a friend who is going to inherit an old near mint 1894 Winchester from his father that use to belong to his grandfather. The only problem is his grandfather engraved his name on the side of the receiver with one of those electric engravers.  :'(

Offline Capt. Wiley

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2022, 10:50:36 PM »
Thanks for posting this, I am currently working on sheriffs project and am going to  birdshead grip and never though of using a Bisley hammer

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2022, 08:27:00 AM »
Andy Horvath did the barrel, tuning and boss work on my sheriffs model.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Pangaea

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2023, 08:57:27 AM »
I seriously thought about going for this one, but I knew it would fetch a pretty penny.  If I did not already have several snubbies, I would have succumbed to the temptation.  About the turn line, I have played with many of my unfired guns, cocked and decocked them hundreds of times with no trace of a turn line.  You just have to do it the correct way. 

Hope all of you had a great Christmas and New Year.  The wife and I finally retired this year.  Lots of shooting in my future, all things willing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com