Author Topic: Remember Remember the 5th of November Coffee,Tea and grub.  (Read 7743 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: Remember Remember the 5th of November Coffee,Tea and grub.
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2022, 07:26:59 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 26 and sunny. High of 44.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2022, 02:33:07 PM »
Was naughty again.  Seems people who keep telling everyone they are living off the grid don't like being asked how they are posting on the net?  I thought the net and cell phone towers ran off electricity obtained from the power grid.  Takes more than some solar panels to be off the grid.  At least Homeland Security isn't after me like Friday. ::) ;D  He was a nice guy and understood my trespassing on Federal property clearly marked all trespassers will be prosecuted was not my fault and was Rita's but only a little bit. ;)  The traffic cop directing traffic was already doing a cluster mess when he sent us there. :o  I think he got yelled at after MR Homeland found out what was going on, he was on his cell phone.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2022, 05:54:59 PM »
Here we go again, dang it  ::)
Plans for the coming week Veterans Day activities are on hold if not dashed.... :(
I will reschedule, the benefit for the WW 2 vet.... the Nov. 11, Jacksonville parade has been postponed.
Orlando's on Saturday is Shakey.

Photo, Last day abbreviated set up @ the Corn Maze we were plagued with intermittent showers.
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 04:08:00 AM »

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2022, 06:46:17 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 29 and cloudy. High of 49 and partly cloudy.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2022, 07:15:09 AM »
Thanks for the coffee, enjoying some hazelnut Dunkin Donut home brewed.

Today is the calm before the coming storm, I expect the weather will start downhill later this afternoon.
Latest advisory states:  Sustained winds remain at 45 mph and strengthening is likely throughout the day Tuesday.
According to the guessers, Subtropical Storm Nicole will become a Cat. 1 hurricane, 74 MPH sustained
before it makes landfall somewhere north of Ft. Pierce, we are under a watch now.
I'm some 45 miles inland but the track puts the path through here  ::)
I expect the rain will be on us for 3 solid days.

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2022, 08:59:31 AM »
Good morning folks, taking a minute to say Hi. Working again today, then acouple days off, then Friday will be nuts, as Deer Season starts Saturday. Looks to be pretty for a few more days here, in the 70s with a few clouds, but the temps are supposed to drop this weekend into the 40s. Figures, since we shoot Saturday, but it is supposed to be dry. Boy howdy, I work with a good bunch of folks, real nice bunch at the gun store. Hope you all have a good day, and if you haven't voted already, get going!
Prayers for our Nation...
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2022, 09:43:51 AM »
Morning all.

After cancelled flights, delayed connections, an unexpected trip through Newark, NJ, and rental car companies that have the competency of a billy goat,  we made it.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2022, 04:43:22 PM »
Morning all.

After cancelled flights, delayed connections, an unexpected trip through Newark, NJ, and rental car companies that have the competency of a billy goat,  we made it.

—TK

To expound now that I have a free moment:

Our first flight from Missoula to Denver was delayed for 3 hours for a maintenance issue. This caused us to miss our connection in Denver, but the airline told us that they would reschedule us and not to worry. Well, in Denver they give us our new tickets and what do you know, we landed just after that one took off. Sheer brilliance there.

Got on another flight, this one to Newark, and had a two hour layover there before our last flight into Charleston. And what do you know, that flight out is delayed another half hour. Once in Charleston, we go down to pick up our rental car (at midnight) only to discover that they’re only open from 8am-5pm. Great hours for an airport-based rental company. Had to get a car through a different company, and arrived at our final destination at 3am this morning.

Then when I called the other rental place to cancel the reservation, they say they don’t have any record of it anyway, which I find dubious, considering the $450 charge on my account from them. So now I’m running that little gem through the corporate chain of command. Hopefully we get something done there.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2022, 05:08:33 PM »
I expect, there will be more delays and cancelations when you head out with TS Nicole in SC, over the weekend.

The Rain started here about 2:30 this afternoon, this storm is over 600 miles wide, major rain event will be here for the next 3 or 4 days.
It's now projected to make landfall near Palm Bay which is a little south & east of my place about 60 miles or so.
Winds are 65 MPH now and expected to Cat. 1 at landfall (74mph).

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2022, 05:10:06 PM »
Glad you arrived safe, TK.

I voted before verk. Seems to be a good turn-out.

Keep safe, Major 2.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2022, 08:43:11 PM »
I expect, there will be more delays and cancelations when you head out with TS Nicole in SC, over the weekend.

The Rain started here about 2:30 this afternoon, this storm is over 600 miles wide, major rain event will be here for the next 3 or 4 days.
It's now projected to make landfall near Palm Bay which is a little south & east of my place about 60 miles or so.
Winds are 65 MPH now and expected to Cat. 1 at landfall (74mph).

The thought has entered my mind. The talking heads say it’s not supposed to be enough of a storm to delay air traffic much by Charleston, but we all k ow how accurate they are. ::)

—TK

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2022, 09:27:16 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 55 and cloudy. High of 65.

Slim

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2022, 09:43:00 AM »
Good morning folks! 67 already here, supposed to hit 79 today. Gonna be nice til the weekend, then we get cool weather for the foreseeable prognostications. Working on the first pot of coffee this AM, my back is complaining a bit today. Gonna paint some stuff for the railroad, will skip working on the terrain as it will require quite a bit of stretching and the back is telling me no.
Y'all be good,
Vaya con Dios mi Amigos!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2022, 05:43:31 AM »
Morning first light musings ...
The eye passed over here about 30 minutes ago.
 The back side of the storm is now wrapping around, radar shows less rain as of now.
Winds are picking up again though.
We still have power, knocks on wood still have some nasty weather to go till later this afternoon.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2022, 07:39:36 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 52 and partly cloudy. "Breezy. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning  then showers and a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 70. South wind 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent."

Slim

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2022, 09:36:30 AM »
Roger, good to hear from ya! Prayers for you and the MacCraes down there. 59 here right now, gonna hit 74 today, 54 tomorrow and then in the 40 for the weekend, with lows in the 20s! Supposed to rain Friday Night and Saturday, figures, Murphy is poking his nose in as we shoot this Saturday. Anyway, lifting my coffee cup to y'all...SALUTE!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2022, 04:16:37 AM »
Ok can't sleep so I messed with the tablet mess and got logged in.  Would you believe things bad  started  Monday afternoon, thought a stomach flu had hit me, or something, the big fun D with a capital D.  Stomachnok, could eat.  Got out long enough Tuesday to vote and hit the library for a pickup, slept most the rest of the day and had stomach ache to go with flu, tried some cream of chicken soup that ended in quick disaster. :P By midnight water wouldn't stay down same yesterday when I got up.  Rita ran kid to school and some errands and I called the place we do the IV change and told them I wouldn't be in, called and talked to GPS nurse, she talked to him and decided it would be a waste of both our time to go in so headed to the ER about noon, was busy and had to wait almost 2 hours, never been that long but still ahead of several others, that means pretty sick but no danger of dying, but since gauze finger guys finger was still on hand and gauze wasn't even bloody on outside I got in first.  Anyway was decided I had a blockage, and had to stay but no room so they got a transport ambulance and took me to their other campus.  Stll not sure why but  most likey adhesions again but best to play wait since it is less than 100% and still have some sounds so guts are not dying.  Lucky, the infectious disease Drs have me, no GI Drs in site and it will remain that way I likely will bite the Sobs if they show up.  Leaning towards adhesions again, been 15 years Slim will remember or does because I call him before I fixed it.  Anyway getting good pain meds, have not been hauled away to have unspeakable tests that will show nothing.  We are hoping it will fix itself in a day or so if not the fix isn't real bad, don't have the exact one lined up but have the practice decided and I'll take any of them.   Anyway will check in again.  And they have good ice chips here, rumor is I may get some broth tomorrow if I can get off the anti puke meds that go in IV, got my important meds down and stayed down this evening
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2022, 06:15:03 AM »
Nicole is in SE Georgia now, headed for Atlanta and points north as a soaker.
Today will be cloudy with a high of 84 ° and a 55% chance of precipitation.

Once again, I fared well with no damage, very minor foliage clutter and little or no standing water.
Not so for many on the east coast at landfall and points north.
Several Condos and homes with seawalls, weakened by Ian are rubble or condemned news video shows.
You'll have probably seen it.  :-\

All of the goings on for Veterans Day were canceled ahead of the storm.
But the Museum is open, and we offer free admission, to any Veterans & spouses and of course as always free to active service members all weekend.
I have the comm tomorrow & Sunday.
HAPPY Veterans Day and Bless all that made the ultimate sacrifice.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2022, 07:31:38 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 25 and overcast. High of 36.

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2022, 09:29:00 AM »
I get to try clear liquids today.  Told them no jello I'll take double helpings of broth sine to be honest they are pretty much the same thing
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com