Author Topic: October Coffee,Tea & Grub, Pumpkin spice not allowed!  (Read 7949 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: October Coffee,Tea & Grub, Pumpkin spice not allowed!
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2022, 09:19:34 PM »
Evening all.

Had a nice day here. 68 and sunny, though the day started off with frost on the windshield.

Nothing of note has happened in the past few days. Been driving around, pumping poop. Mrs. TK bought some pants and within minutes of putting them on the seam on one side failed. So o just finished seeing that back together, and am now supervising the chicken on the stove as it cooks.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2022, 10:07:22 PM »
Just got back from seeing "Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile". #1 daughter was an extra in it. We saw her a few times in the background.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2022, 08:21:03 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 21 and sunny. High of 42.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 01:19:52 AM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2022, 09:33:26 AM »
If anyone has sciatic nerve problems I highly recommend this new scope surgery, I give it 4 1/2 stars, I had to get a pain pill in the night because actually my arthritic left hip was hurting, have already cut down on the pain pills, the one button hole size incision still feels like a to short of a shirt and suspenders sun burn.  Have a pillow behind me on the chair, am planning on doing dishes after the coffee is done. Still finishing my orange/clementine Body Armor lyte aka no sugar.  Amazon delivers 2 cases a month because we both pretty much both only like it and the hardest to find in the store.  We buy it in the store when they have it cheaper.  Tastes good, almost like Sunny D which is junk.    We both have that somewhat common problem of vitamin tablets make us sick to our stomachs and the free range organic not only make me feel sick to my stomach my stomach acts on it.  Kind of a Yuppie Gym Rat stuff but it has what I need and it tastes very good cold.  Niece and her husband turned us on to it.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2022, 07:01:41 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 30 and overcast. High of 54.

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2022, 11:08:20 AM »
The soreness at the 1 inch incision site is much better today, phhh, I can do that easy.  May get sore by evening but I am still so amazed what I have gained for so little. 

Was funny the nurse was commenting while they prepped me I had had a lot of surgeries, told her by my count this was #18, asked her if at #25 I get a free one, she was good, asked me if I had my punch card with me.
;D 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2022, 02:11:30 PM »
The soreness at the 1 inch incision site is much better today, phhh, I can do that easy.  May get sore by evening but I am still so amazed what I have gained for so little. 

Was funny the nurse was commenting while they prepped me I had had a lot of surgeries, told her by my count this was #18, asked her if at #25 I get a free one, she was good, asked me if I had my punch card with me.
;D

Doesn’t your hide count as a punch card? ::)

Greetings all.

Cloudy and 68 today in the bitterroot valley. I’m doing a portapotty route today, which takes me to Idaho. At the moment I’m waiting for one of the big boy trucks to come empty my truck out so I can finish up. They gave me the smallest truck to do the most toilets, and I don’t really know how they decided on that one.

After work I get the joy of driving to great falls for the weekend, giving me a total front seat time of 14 hours and 500 miles for the day. That will be fun.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2022, 02:45:24 PM »

;D

When we spoke last night, I had missed your first comment after your procedure.
Glad you are so quickly responding; having been through all you have... :)

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2022, 11:04:42 PM »
Arrived in Great Falls. Was a pleasant drive.

My drive to Idaho was…eventful. Ended up blowing a tire out in the middle of nowhere, out in the Locsha wilderness. It was one of the duals, so I was able to limp it back over the pass and to the tire shop in Missoula, but it wasn’t a fun experience.

—TK

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2022, 07:48:08 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 27 and sunny. High of 68.

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2022, 10:42:04 AM »
I know by afternoon my incision will get sore just because of where it is, sleep on my side so it gets rest from being rubbed on.  I can't believe it, the bad hip is a little sore but no more than usual and that is tolerable.  But for the first time in over 40 years my back is pain free.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4667
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2022, 11:44:45 AM »
Good morning, Del, glad to hear the good report on your back, that is great.
Well, 65 here right now, supposed to hit 80 today and be pretty the next two weeks. Gonna build a frame for a model railroad today, had planned on it earlier in the week, but we had a virus of some sort, I just felt wore out but the Missus was really sick with it.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2022, 07:12:47 AM »
Some concern's last night around midnight, Blaze was alerting which also set Zada off to barking.
Figured I'd better get up and see what all the barking was about, 5 fire dept. trucks!
A neighboring pasture about 300 yds away was ablaze.
It was moonless night, so it looked to a big area, with a bright orange glow.
But they contained it fairly quickly, not sure yet what the extent or how it started.
It has not been particularly dry, what with Ian (we were not that wet or flooded after the storm)
I assume, a trash/brush fire, started by the property owner earlier and not put or allowed to burn out properly.
The FD was efficient and had left inside the hour.
To my knowledge, there is no current burn ban so I suppose there will be no further concern for the owner  :-\

I'm at the museum today, working on Naval Arm Guard and a WW2 Shore Patrol display.

when planets align...do the deal !

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2022, 07:48:40 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

Glad the fire was put out quickly.

Working on some rust spots on the Suburban so they don't get worse during salt season.

'Tis 27 and sunny. High of 74.

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2022, 10:10:09 AM »
Busted a lower ball joint on the Jeep car thing last night, kids didn't get to go to pumpkin farm.  Called road service and a friend came and got us, it's at the shop.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4667
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2022, 10:53:29 AM »
Morning y'all. Slept in today, felt good. Got the framework for the train built, today gonna get it leveled and then some track planning. A little overcast, supposed to hit 78 today, will be nice on the porch with the ceiling fans going. Slim, had to laugh at your "Salt season" comment, grew up in Chicago, so I know that season all too well. My first 2 cars were Chicago rust buckets, cost a total of $350 for both! Now, I've got that silly song, "My Rusty Chevrolet" stuck in my head!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2022, 05:17:57 PM »
Morning y'all. Slept in today, felt good. Got the framework for the train built, today gonna get it leveled and then some track planning. A little overcast, supposed to hit 78 today, will be nice on the porch with the ceiling fans going. Slim, had to laugh at your "Salt season" comment, grew up in Chicago, so I know that season all too well. My first 2 cars were Chicago rust buckets, cost a total of $350 for both! Now, I've got that silly song, "My Rusty Chevrolet" stuck in my head!

And now everyone can. ;D   

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2022, 07:36:33 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

One Chevy is less rusty, now.

'Tis 50 and partly sunny.

Slim

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2022, 09:43:33 AM »
Life is good. Last night the temp was under 80 with low humidity so we ate out on our screen porch. Grilled Bison steaks along with some of Milwaukee's finest. Had a $1.25 cigar and listened Rock & Roll Oldies from the 50's. Some of the songs were over 65 years old.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2022, 09:02:35 PM »
Evening all.

The Great Falls are still there. It’s cold and “the white stuff” is falling.

We spent the last three days working on a plane, doing a very simple job but the instructions have a lot of “wait 2-6 hours before continuing” built in. So 25 minutes of actual work takes 3 days. I guess it kept us out of trouble.

I also got an award from my time overseas. The “Air and Space Meritorious Service Medal,” for reasons I don’t fully understand. But I’m not going to argue with the Colonel about it either.  ::)

—TK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com