Author Topic: October Coffee,Tea & Grub, Pumpkin spice not allowed!  (Read 8398 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: October Coffee,Tea & Grub, Pumpkin spice not allowed!
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2022, 12:26:36 PM »
Done for the day with all the required task, brand ne bag of antibiotics, new batteries in the pump, got a blood draw, totally painless cause they use that line hanging out my arm, one yesterday at the GP was ok, first try and not a lot of pain, the nurse there is not qualified to remove the pump. ::)  Even got the rest of last nights dishes done, left over CFS samwhich on Kaiser buns for supper.

Blood and pee test at GP must have came out good, so looks like a green light for getting this back fixed Tuesday.  They say if all goes well and no surprises it should actually feel better than it has in over 40 years, and should be home by lunch time.  ::)  Been dreading it, just remember people with holes big enough to put a baseball through on both sides, body cast for several weeks and being not good for much for much for 6 months or so.  By Thanksgiving I should be only limited by the heart and I just have to stop and sit a couple minutes and can do stuff again. 

Have had some people ask what it would take to get me here or there to teach ovens and I have said we'll see what spring brings and if they can figure out how to get me there and back and a place to sleep probably less than they think because if people want to learn there should be enough gear there also.  Been talking about if I can get a better vehicle I might be able to meet Norton and his wagon places.  I have several friends I wish were my age and retired.  We could really make a splash for a few years.  Having a friend with a wagon is better than owning one. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4841
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2022, 07:53:53 PM »
Trip to the Doc today for another Cold Laser Treatment on my legs to fight neuropathy in my feet. They have helped quite a bit. The Missus and I went to lunch at Zaxby's, then took her to a couple of places with sales. Easy afternoon, mild temps, mid 70s. Slim hope the Doc was able to get you some relief. Del, glad to hear the good report.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2022, 08:17:56 PM »
Just realized it's been quite a while since i posted anything! Been reading, just not writing. Alive and somewhat well here, was cleaning up some thorny locust infestation last weekend, cut sown several trees 15+ ft tall, cutting them up smaller to pile up to burn later. Well, one big limb must have been under some tension, I was cutting limbs and one of them whipped around and hit the back of my left hand. Hurt some, but i kept working, but later-WOW the throbbing and swelling started. X ray monday, not broken, but hand still not functional today. Oh, well, I've got probably 6 months or more of sick days saved up. Getting stir crazy though. Managed to mount the brush hog on the tractor and use it this afternoon, probably took 30-45 minutes to get it hooked up "single handedly".

anyway enough about that! TK, glad to hear you're back, Slim and Decon, careful of those backs. Del, glad to hear you're getting some of those health problems straightened out! Praying your surgery is successful!

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 07:49:57 AM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2022, 10:08:09 AM »
Headed to my daughters 40th birthday party, wow I guess I am officially old. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2022, 10:42:26 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

Back is much better than Monday morning. It is still pretty sore.
Gonna take it easy and load some .38 Spl.

'Tis 33 and overcast. High of 50 and mostly cloudy.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2022, 06:50:34 PM »
Evening all.

Today was a balmy 71 with scattered clouds. Took the opportunity to go to the last farmers market of the season. Was somewhat disappointed, as most of the folks there were either selling CBD products, kombucha (still don’t know what that is), or processed food trucks. Costco had a booth selling Kirkland branded sausages and dusty produce. The only two vendors of interest were a beekeeper selling honey and a local butcher selling locally grown/butchered pork and beef. We walked away having doubled our money by folding it and returning it to the pocket. The walk along the river to/from the truck was nice at least   ::)

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2022, 09:29:52 PM »
Easy day here today. Took the Missus into town to look for a blouse for her for tomorrow's Old Fashioned Day at Church. She found one at the Consignment Shop and I found a corncob pipe [it'll look good with my Classic Cowboy rig]. Hit 84 and sunny, then a nice big thunderstorm this afternoon with hail. Got the whole shebang. Possible rain tomorrow. Lifting my cup at all of you.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2022, 07:14:40 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 28 and overcast with 1/2" of white on the deck. "Windy. Cloudy. A chance of snow showers in the morning  then a chance of rain showers  light snow showers and flurries in the afternoon. Highs around 40. Northwest wind 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 40 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2022, 08:07:45 AM »
Perusing here I noted no one was about yesterday, at least with anything to chat about.

I pretty much took a nap.
Saturday at the Corn Maze had worn me out.
I don't know the numbers attending as brief, but hard rain scattered the crowd. (Guesstimate 2000, Sunday about 3000)
I had to pull everything and place it under cover (except the lifeboat) then re-set twice because to the brief showers.

Because of Ian, the annual first weekend (1st. weekend in Oct.) was canceled, so this was opening weekend.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2022, 09:19:22 AM »
Morning all. Temps dropped like a rock here last night, but it IS Autumn. 50 outside right now, gonna hit 62 today, sunny and breezy. Great day at Church yesterday and no real plans for today except trying to narrow down the track plan choice for a N scale layout I will be building. Slim, take care of that back!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 122
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2022, 03:22:46 PM »
I was at the last shoot of the season here in upstate NY. I was shooting great the first 4 stages, then on the last stage I had the train wreck of all train wrecks. I mean if ugly was a brick this was the great wall of china. Started with rifle, had to shoot 5 progressively smaller tombstone targets then dump any remaining rounds into a target to the side. I ran the 5 and swung to the dump and proceeded to shoot the shotgun target 3 times then jack a round out.I reloaded and shot the correct target,But I ended up with 3 misses and a "P" plus the time it to to reload I ended up with a 74 second run..The previous stages were between 28 to 32 seconds. Oh well, I went out big. Was still fun!
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2022, 06:56:05 PM »
I was at the last shoot of the season here in upstate NY. I was shooting great the first 4 stages, then on the last stage I had the train wreck of all train wrecks. I mean if ugly was a brick this was the great wall of china. Started with rifle, had to shoot 5 progressively smaller tombstone targets then dump any remaining rounds into a target to the side. I ran the 5 and swung to the dump and proceeded to shoot the shotgun target 3 times then jack a round out.I reloaded and shot the correct target,But I ended up with 3 misses and a "P" plus the time it to to reload I ended up with a 74 second run..The previous stages were between 28 to 32 seconds. Oh well, I went out big. Was still fun!
If ya had fun, it was a great day.

Slim

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2022, 06:58:30 PM »
I had a train wreck with my carbinized Krag at the IA muster. Afterwards, I found out the front sight had moved left 1/8".  ::)

Slim

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2022, 05:09:18 AM »
Someone forgot to bank the fire and the coffee is cold, guess you can give it to the Yuppies. ::)  Headed out in about 45 minutes, they say I should be home by lunch time.  Ran into an old friend, story telling muzzle loader guy last night at Costco, he was riding the cart and he said he had the same thing about 2 weeks ago and it gets better each day as the nerves settle down.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2022, 05:16:32 AM »
I'll watch the fire, Del. Up anyways, darned hand doesn't let me sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time. Hoping your surgery helps things!

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2022, 07:26:53 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

'Tis 26 and overcast. High of 44 and windy.

Slim

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 122
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2022, 09:01:57 AM »
Thanks Slim,Got the results,I was 9th overall and 3rd in category.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2022, 11:09:00 AM »
Home already stopped at grocery stor and get meds and rolls, so much better already.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2022, 12:35:17 PM »
Afternoon all! 48 here right now supposed ta hit 54. Sunshine and purty out. Got some errands to run in a bit. Major, sorry bout that bad stage, but sounds like you had a good day anyway. Slim and Del you guys take care and get your strength back up!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2022, 02:37:52 PM »
I just put together a meat load, and it's in the oven for 40 mins...somewhere around 35 mins or so I'lll crust it with frenched fried onions don't want them scorched.
There is some lightly sautéed chopped Vedalia onion already in the meat... I LIKE my ONION  ;D
a touch of garlic and Panko bread crumbs.
Already cleaned up my cooking utensils and washed the bowl & chopping board....
May get an Atta boy from the BOSS lady ?.... ah! or maybe not, more in likely forgot to do something :-\

My watch at the museum tomorrow, and it is supposed to be in the low 50's in the morning.     

when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com