Author Topic: October Coffee,Tea & Grub, Pumpkin spice not allowed!  (Read 7944 times)

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
October Coffee,Tea & Grub, Pumpkin spice not allowed!
« on: September 30, 2022, 11:08:17 PM »
Well, We're that much closer to the evil white stuff falling and the end of the CAS season in the Northeast.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: October Coffee,Tea & Grub, Pumpkin spice not allowed!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 09:15:24 AM »
At the U-SEE-UM no damage, power was restored yesterday evening.

Just had my first visitor, an old Vietnam vet wanting cruse memory lane.
I don't expect a lot of flow today though.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 09:54:48 AM »
Well, We're that much closer to the evil white stuff falling
I used to pray for the evil white stuff in my skiing days.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:30:46 PM »

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 06:00:02 PM »
9 soles including the Vet....slow day

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 02:50:00 AM »
When I was about 7 years old, my Dad taught me to shoot his Harrington & Richardson Sportsman Mod. 999 22 cal..
 His gun was made in the late 30s, I don't know if he bought it new, but I doubt it.
It looked like the one below without the vented ridge, though some warn in finish, it shot very well.
By the early 1960's Dads gun had moved on.
In 1971 when I was 23, I saw a new model 999 at a Kmart (remember? they sold guns pre-Rosie O'Donald  ::))
I decided to get it for my Dad for Christmas. It came back to me when Dad passed in 1986.

Today it fits a Holster made by Old West Reproductions (actually made for a Schofield)
It brings back fond memories, of the original gun  :) and has its own sentimental history as well.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2022, 11:40:57 AM »
Morning all.

50s and sunny in Missoula this morning.  Shaping up to be quite a nice day.

On the docket for today, the Mrs wants to go to the Fort Missoula Museum today, and then we get to go feed horses. I’m still not sure how this turned into a “we” job, but alas, here I am. I had hoped to go burn some 357magnum today, but it doesn’t look like I’ll have time.

In other news, on Thursday there was a large police issue a couple blocks from my house at the county courthouse. Turns out one of the local ne’er-do-wells had been angered by an argument and was chasing a person with a machete. A passerby went full Earp on him, buffaloing him with the barrel of his Ruger 44 mag and then holding him at gun point. Does that count as cowboy action non-shooting? ::)

—TK

"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2022, 01:27:13 PM »
Prolly not, but he should get an atta boy and front-page notoriety in the liberal rags

(he won't but he SHOULD)

Prolly read,  man with assault rifle subdued at machete point  ::) or maybe letter opener  ???

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2022, 09:53:02 PM »
Prolly not, but he should get an atta boy and front-page notoriety in the liberal rags

(he won't but he SHOULD)

Prolly read,  man with assault rifle subdued at machete point  ::) or maybe letter opener  ???

“Unarmed homeless man subdues mentally unstable man armed with 20mm AR-47 Tank Assault Machine Gun with operational bullet button that goes up outside government building.”

If anyone from the WSJ or NYT is reading, I work for 15¢/word.  ::)

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2022, 09:54:40 PM »
We got home at 1955. A good time was had by all.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2022, 07:21:10 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 32 and mostly sunny. High of 67.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2022, 09:00:40 AM »
I just finished a read by Bernard O. DeVore ( TSGT. Bernie DeVore Flight Engineer)
"From Farm to Flight to Faith" ISBN 978-0-9746626-3-3
I had the honor to meet Mr. DeVore as he often attended our special veteran programs at the museum.
The story was of his survival in the sky during WWII.
Bernie flew 17 missions from June 1944-Jan 1945 in the B17 Flying Fortress "Picadilly Special"
92nd Bomb Group, 325th Squadron, 8th Air Force.
He wrote " he received the Holy Spirit in his heart at 32,000 feet and over 32 degrees below zero."
He was the last surviving member of his crew, and sadly Mr. DeVore passed this last June at 99 years.
He joins HIS CREW and so many of the GREATEST Generation, the gallant men & women who served in WWII.

God Bless you

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2022, 04:34:39 PM »
Those old birds were a different breed. I knew an old fellow (he died in 2007, I think) who was a pilot in the B-25 and B-17, and was part of the “100 Hump Club” for surviving 100bombing runs on Japan, taking off from India, flying over the Himalayas(the hump), hitting the main islands, and landing back in Liberated parts of China. This is unpressurized aircraft, with open bomb bay doors. I think I’ll pass on that experience.

In other news, I was productive today. Dropped off my truck at the transmission shop at 7:45 (turns out the whole problem was one of the secondary cooler return lines had a leak that was preventing the torque converter from working right. Darn those. Automatic transmissions). Discovered that somebody had tried to steal my catalytic converter, but was foiled by the mounting bracket bolts being rusted and seized. The one time rust helped a body.

Had my DOT physical for my CDL this afternoon,  then visited two separate farm and ranch stores looking for horse supplements and trailer roof sealer. In the process I stumbled into the shooting aisle and got the one and only bottle of Accurate #5, and now I have to figure out what to do with it. I guess load some 38+p or something. Such an affliction.  ::)

—TK

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4667
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2022, 08:20:22 PM »
Relaxing, had a nice visit with Sedalia Dave, watching the Cardinals game. Pujols just hit 703 and passed Babe Ruth for most RBIs. Plan for tomorrow is to work on the new guncart and possibly run some 45 ammo [if I get off my duff and load the primer tubes for the 550 tonight]. Supposed to be absolutely gorgeous tomorrow, 79F , sunny and low humidity with light breezes. Y'all be good and be safe.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1118
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2022, 04:03:56 AM »

In other news, on Thursday there was a large police issue a couple blocks from my house at the county courthouse. Turns out one of the local ne’er-do-wells had been angered by an argument and was chasing a person with a machete. A passerby went full Earp on him, buffaloing him with the barrel of his Ruger 44 mag and then holding him at gun point. Does that count as cowboy action non-shooting? ::)

—TK

Down here (last year) a genuine cowpoke got on his horse, ran down and roped a fleeing purse-snatcher in a wal-mart
parking lot.

prf mumbles
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2022, 07:12:38 AM »
Morning y'all.

Down here (last year) a genuine cowpoke got on his horse, ran down and roped a fleeing purse-snatcher in a wal-mart
parking lot.
That's great.

'Tis 34 and cloudy. High of 72.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2022, 08:43:53 AM »
parking lot.

prf mumbles

Hope someone was playing Marty Robbins in the background.  ::)

She’s a chilly one this morning. 39 degrees. I am currently perched on a curb outside the transmission shop, eagerly awaiting doors opening to pick up my truck. They’re walking away with $800 of my dollars for 4 hours of work, but I don’t feel so bad lining a local business’s pockets as I would one of the big chains.

—TK

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2022, 04:57:35 PM »
Made it home, some pics later, well what was to be 20 was actually 31, not big deal, had enough and been many a time that has happened, but 2-3 more would have run out.  Great bunch of kids and parents. They want to do it again in the spring and maybe do a different menu.  A simple meal actually, beef stew, chicken and noodle and do to the lack of good help Matt bought frozen noodles, was supposed to have a noodle maker come up but turns out someone else had the week off.  I made the biscuits and the crust for the biscuit crust cobbler and checked oven temp a few time and bossed on the coals and when to move.  I've developed what may be a new method for cooking delicate items, I have about got it perfected, sure keeps the bottoms unburnt. 

Matt had to drive about 75 miles each way extra to haul my butt. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2022, 07:25:56 PM »
Finally tested negative this morning. Still have cough. Wife is still positive. Going stir crazy.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2022, 07:46:49 AM »
Morning y'all.

'Tis 35 and cloudy. High of 72.

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2022, 09:52:08 AM »
I read in the News this morning, 5 looters were arrested ( 4 men and a girl ).
 Two of the men were UN-documented Colombian nationals, that had been in the news a few weeks back having received flights
to Martha's Vineyard.
So they filtered back, and loot the storm devastated Ft. Myers, imagine that  ::)

The Sheriff in Lee county has now said " no tolerance, looters will be hunted, caught and jailed, if they are lucky!
They will shoot looters !   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com