CAS TOPICS > The Longbranch

Kinda like a ghost town around here...

(1/2) > >>

Virgil Lantey:
...and that's a damn shame. So many great boards and topics,  I'd of thought it would be a whirling dirvish of conversation. Oh well, I'm partial to ghost towns! I was just about to respond to a post on another board until I realized it was from 2018!
Is this a sign of things to come in the sport of cowboy action shooting? I've heard that SASS membership is dwindling at a rapid pace. Me? I just joined NCOWS, but I'm 60+ years old.
Maybe this topic will get some conversation going. If not, I've been known to talk to myself anyway!

Coal Creek Griff:
I still haunt CAS City (or CAS Ghost Town). I also like frankinthreads, so I'd say go ahead and comment.

Griff

Virgil Lantey:
Will do Griff! Maybe exhuming the bodies of a dead thread might get some interest going...or not, who knows.
I pretty much have to do my own thing anyway. Like I said, I just joined NCOWS but the nearest posse is 1200 miles away. It did, however, renew my interest in studying some western history.
We have a very small SASS club here but SASS and I don't see eye to eye so my membership only lasted about a month.
There's a lot of content on Cas City and I can occupy some time by reading old threads, but I still find the lack of participation an interesting dynamic.

Froogal:
I'm 71 years old. Been a member of NCOWS for a few years now, but before I joined, I knew basically nothing about guns other than how to load one and then pull the trigger, so if a few old threads get revived, they might just be all brand new to me.

Buffalo Creek Law Dog:

--- Quote from: Hplummer on April 10, 2022, 08:21:16 PM ---...and that's a damn shame. So many great boards and topics,  I'd of thought it would be a whirling dirvish of conversation. Oh well, I'm partial to ghost towns! I was just about to respond to a post on another board until I realized it was from 2018!
Is this a sign of things to come in the sport of cowboy action shooting? I've heard that SASS membership is dwindling at a rapid pace. Me? I just joined NCOWS, but I'm 60+ years old.
Maybe this topic will get some conversation going. If not, I've been known to talk to myself anyway!

--- End quote ---

It's getting pretty expensive to get started in this game now.  Also I have noticed that the cowboy spirit is diminishing bit by bit and moving more towards IPSIC in cowboy clothes.  Targets getting closer all the time.  There is nothing old west cowboy when a shooter can fire 24 rounds from 4 different guns in under 15 seconds and shoot clean.  Just my thoughts.

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version