CAS TOPICS > The Longbranch

Need some info about old eyes and implants

(1/3) > >>

willy:
Doc says he can remove cataracts and implant a new lens that will do away with my need for glasses at distance,,,BUT STILL NEED READING GLASSES..OR,,I can get implants that will do away with my need for ANY glasses..BUT,,,,,,they are big bucks and a failure rate of 25% .I was wondering if any of you all have any experience with implants and how they have worked for you.

ol coot:
 I had cataracts removed and new lens, I still need reading glasses.
 I was very glad I had it done. it improved my life for the better.
Padre

willy:

--- Quote from: ol coot on May 24, 2019, 12:28:02 PM --- I had cataracts removed and new lens, I still need reading glasses.
 I was very glad I had it done. it improved my life for the better.
Padre

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the info ;D,,,any down sides at all?..BTW-How long have you had the implants?

Crow Choker:
My wife just had her cataracts removed and new lenses 'installed'. She had problems with bright lights at night, seeing distance's, and aching eyes (she was nearsighted). So far it is a complete success, she does use some low powered reading glasses at times. I asked her a bunch of questions before I posted about any problems or failure rates her Doc talked with her about before surgery. She advised they screen any prospective patients thoroughly for anything that can cause problems. One of my longtime friends and shooting pards had his done a number of years ago and his eyesight was worse than my wife's. He now wears no glasses, except I believe for fine print and small detail. Everything I've heard about this procedure is good and successful, sort of like years ago heart surgery was a front page news item, but now so routine and sucessful at scores of hospitals it doesn't make any headlines.

willy:
Thanks for the info  Crow Choker, ,,I think I will be making another appointment with the eye Doc, and see about getting the implants.

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version