Special Interests - Groups & Societies > STORM

OFFICIAL 1851 thread (post pictures here)

<< < (2/37) > >>

Hoof Hearted:
Here are a few pics of an 1851 Pietta that I built for myself........

This one has a Kirst ring and the original cylinder (chambered in 38LC heeled) with the back turned down like an original Colt.
The hammer is also now checkered.

The Kirst ejector has also been blended into the rammer lug.

The tab on the ejector was checkered and some subtle changes made to the mounting tab.

Hoof Hearted:

--- Quote from: RickB on November 19, 2012, 09:29:00 PM ---Dang. LOL. Would love to have bought that off of you. I bought this one for $300.00. I figured I was getting a good deal on it.

Sounds like you're right about the grips. They must have been a factory order option. Probably couldn't find any that aren't mounted on one of these models. And if I did I doubt they would fit an Uberti since most ASM parts don't play well with other brands.

--- End quote ---

If Buffalo Brothers grips are still around you might try a pair of theirs. They had some close to those and they have varying levels of "antique".

RickB:
Beautiful gun man. You do darn good work. I wish I had such skills.

I was thinking of Buffalo Brothers. I looked at their site recently and see that they do have a set of grips that are pretty close. Might have to do a tracing of the grips on my Uberti and buy some from them. Their prices are good too.

Keep up the good work. It's much appreciated when you share your photos.

Advertising:

Slowhand Bob:
I purchased a pair of the .44 Pietta Navy Models, the shiny steel ones, from Cabellas and would love to do a full conversion on a pair like these one day.  I read somwhere that Pietta claims that, though these are not stainless, they are a different rust resistant steel from their normal usage??  I do not think it would look good to have those contrasting parts but figure the blue Kirst parts could be buffed white and kept oiled and polishedto maintain a match?

OH, if these are to remain dedicated threads they need to be kept at the top, and I do like this 'dedicated' idea.

Major 2:

--- Quote from: Flint on November 18, 2012, 03:08:41 PM ---A few pictures, I will post more when I solve Photobucket's problems, hardly anything works with their new format.

Long and short with R&D conversion.  7-1/2 inch has a modified Remington front sight, short is hand made sight.

Install a 72 Uberti ejector  on a 51.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version