CAS TOPICS > NCOWS

Links to NCOWS Approved & Unapproved Lists

<< < (4/12) > >>

1961MJS:
Hi

PERSONALLY, I'd like to be able to shoot a matt gun, but I understand NCOWS traditional approach, so I'd leave it alone.  What I don't understand is why a company would bother to try and sell a a non-authentic reproduction firearm.  I guess that they're making money on them or it wouldn't be there.

Later Y'all

Mike
Wichita KS

Irish Dave:

MIke:

I think you pretty much answered your own question -- it's always about the $$$$.
Keep in mind that "cowboy shooters" are really a small part of the overall firearms market.

And NCOWS is only a small part of that small part. Manufacturers would probably go broke if they depended on NCOWS for their sales. SASS has no such restrictions and is many times larger that we are. They represent a much bigger share of the pie than we do.

Thunder Rhodes:
Thanks guys for the advice. Will gladly get mine up to NCOWS rules as it will make for a fun weekend project. But for the benefit of new members learning their way, it would be helpful to include hints about issues such as mine on the lists. It could be the difference in keeping a new shooter interested in NCOWS.

Advertising:

Cliff Fendley:
I have always hated all these combinations of guns, the supposedly Confederate models that never existed, etc,etc.

In the short time I've shot NCOWS I've already seen several guys buy some of these "guns that never existed" when starting to shoot and find out they are not legal. Problem is so many "actually most" gun dealers don't know themselves nor do they know the rules of various shooting groups and they will mislead customers just to sell something. Gun dealers not aware of anything but SASS and hollywood will also talk them into other models with modification that are not legal.

Always do your homework and if your not sure ask someone that knows before buying.

Generally with handguns if it has a brass frame do some homework before buying it for NCOWS use.

Fingers McGee:

--- Quote from: Cliff Fendley on April 18, 2012, 05:38:18 PM ---I have always hated all these combinations of guns, the supposedly Confederate models that never existed, etc,etc.

In the short time I've shot NCOWS I've already seen several guys buy some of these "guns that never existed" when starting to shoot and find out they are not legal. Problem is so many "actually most" gun dealers don't know themselves nor do they know the rules of various shooting groups and they will mislead customers just to sell something. Gun dealers not aware of anything but SASS and hollywood will also talk them into other models with modification that are not legal.

Always do your homework and if your not sure ask someone that knows before buying.

Generally with handguns if it has a brass frame do some homework before buying it for NCOWS use.

--- End quote ---

So I'm guessing my replica of an 1864 CH Rigdon revolver would be allowed?  

I notice that Lightning rifles are on the approved list; but the AWAs are not specifically mentioned - yea or nay?

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version