CAS TOPICS > 1911 & Wild Bunch Shooting

First post covid lockdown shoot! About time.

(1/2) > >>

Baltimore Ed:
Next Saturday will be my clubs first post lockdown match and it’s going to be Wild Bunch which is what our next match was scheduled to be months ago before the lockdown shut down the range. Looks to be a hot one so instead of a 1912 summer uniform I’m thinking of doing Lyles final outfit but with a sombrero. Got my new to me AO 1911 to play with. For whatever reason it didn’t come with a lanyard ring mainspring housing so I’ve got one coming. Need to practice some this week. Can’t wait.

DeaconKC:
Well, how did the shoot go? And how did the AO serve?

Baltimore Ed:
The AO 1911 shot great, the sights are a lot bigger than the ones on my actual 1911 heinz. I really like the arched housing better than the flat housing. My rifle was fine too but I was rough as a cob on the 12 ga 1897 Norinco and it was balky to boot. I came in first in my category but, allow me to do some splainin Lucy. I was going by what was planned to be shot before covid shut us down 3 months ago. And I’m old. So i was the only kinda WB shooter, everyone else was doing cowboy. Doh! Overall I was 6 out of 10, not very stellar but we all had a good time. Not to confuse, I loaded my sg on the clock like everyone else, not at the table. A smaller than usual turnout for us too. This month [July] though is a real WB shoot so I’ll have some real WB duelist competition. Planning to get some sg practice in this week too. Might carry my M12 pump. And my stock slide came for the 1927a1 so I’ll carry it for the guys to play with during lunch. Should be a fun day.

Advertising:

Major 2:
no WB here locally anyway... I'd like to to attend a BAM match I think read one was held down Miami way last year  :-\

WB dried up here as to few turned out  :(

Baltimore Ed:
Before all hell broke loose i was planning a road trip to my best friends place in Sarasota and looked around central Florida for a WB match to attend but nothing was going on. Maybe I can get there next year. We’ll probably do a BAMM soon. ECSASS has a bunch of guys who like milsurps as much as cowboy guns and as we do our matches as either or’s there’s no issues. Everyone gets to shoot. Been trying to edumocate those hardheaded folks over at the sasswire but i might as well teach a dog to speak Klingon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version